For My Parent's Marriage

Please pray for my parent’s marriage. My dad has always had a negative personality and a terrible temper and I hated him when I was a kid. He did many things for my family but all of that would be overshadowed by his verbally abusive tantrums. Any little thing would set him off and he would go on a verbally abusive tantrum and then he would come off it and feel bad for days. I no longer live with my parents but I went home for a week and my mom and I were looking for a church and we ended up bumping into my dad and my sister and he went off and he went off on my mom on how he told us that it was a block down and nobody listens to him and I felt so terrible for my mom and she felt really bad and almost cried. He then came off it and felt bad for the rest of the afternoon and bought my mom everything but the sadness of it all gnaws me. I feel terrible but i am not sure I love my dad as much as I should and I sometimes wish that my mom would just leave him. I just wish my dad was a different person, i do not know if he feels miserable or lost, but if I hear one more of his tantrums, I swear I will tell him off. Please pray for me and for my parent’s marriage and that God remembers us and changes my dad’s heart. Also pray that he becomes christians.
love,
alex

Praying hard.

[LEFT]I will be Praying for your family. God Bless.
[/LEFT]

Our Father, Who art in heaven Hallowed be Thy Name Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of Grace, The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Lord, I hope that aborodki’s parents can meet with a good, holy priest to help them with their marriage. Most especially, I pray that a priest can help aborodki’s father learn to stop his tantrums. Please, Lord, convert the heart of aborodki’s father and help aborodki not hate his father. If aborodki hates his father he will be hurting himself, his family and you because you do not want us to hate. I understand aborodki’s feelings and want aborodki to know that I feel for him. I just want aborodki not to let his anger turn into hatred. Aborodki is very angry because of the way his father treats his mother and he sees it is unjust, cruel treatment. He hates to see this sin against his mother and wants his mother to be safe, happy, and well. Help aborodki to talk with a good, holy priest about his father and get some direction and help on how to best cope with this situation. Help aborodki to talk constructively about his father to the priest. May the priest be able to help out the situation. Maybe he can even talk with aborodki’s parents. Lord, please help this family. Help aborodki to heal from these bad experiences with his father. I pray that aborodki can talk with his father about his feelings without getting upset and can help change his father’s heart with your grace, Lord. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.