For my parents

Please pray for my parents who continually ignore the Lenten abstinence from meat. I keep reminding them it’s Friday, but they (especially my dad) act as though they can obey when it suits them. My mom might be released from the abstinence rule, however, because she has medical problems, but I’m still concerned. My dad should be obeying at least, but he thinks he’s doing ok if he eats a fish sandwich, but then eats meat later. This is driving me mad because I feel like I am the only one who cares! Please offer your prayers for them. I don’t want to be separated in eternity, but I’m worried!

You can remind them, and pray for them, but in the end they are responsible for their choices…and then you can only pray, and do the best you can yourself. But I think you know well that you must hand them over to God, and pray. Be at peace, because if you cannot change them you can only distress your spirit by worrying.
And don’t anitcipate how the Lord will judge…He knows their spirits and limitations best. Your parents have a great blessing God has given for the benefit of their souls, your prayer. He will not let that prayer be in vain.

Praying for you and your parents.

Thank you, Trishie. I realized, later, that I am completely wrong to judge them like this. I don’t know what God expects of them and I shouldn’t expect that just because I feel that I need to do something, they should too. I am very devoted to the Sacred Heart so I hope my prayers for them are answered. It pains me to know that they don’t appreciate the rules enough to want to try. I used to be like them, though. I hated following the rules of the Church and wondered why I had to do this, but since my internal conversion of heart, I have wanted to obey everything the Church lays down. I will continue to set the example, but I realize I am no better than they are. :slight_smile:

Thank you, Catherine. God bless!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Holding your parents and yourself in my prayers :gopray2:

For you and your parents~

Hail Mary, full of Grace
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Praying…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

For your family.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
And blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.