For my son and I

Please pray for my son and I as we embark on a journey together after the failure of my marriage. Adam is 15 and special needs (PDD NOS or "atypical autism") and he is a very kind and thoughtful soul who deserves nothing but the highest love and guidance. I am heartbroken, and not very good at hiding it. Please also pray for my wife who has battled breast cancer (and won) is currently battling fibromyalgia AND menopause, and who has gone from being the most calming force in our lives to the most destructive in the last two years. Thank you in Jesus' name.

Don

Praying for your family …
Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Thank You 8-)

Praying for your intentions

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying that our Lord will heal you and your family and will keep you all safe from harm. May you and your son keep close to our Lord and find in Him the center you need and the Rock you need to cling onto in this marriage shipwreck. May you and your son find in the Lord and in each other the strength and blessings you need to persevere, to always keep prayerful and close to the sacraments. May your wife find a refuge in Christ and pray to Him regularly and receive Him worthily in the Eucharist for the graces she needs. May you and your wife reconcile one day and be happy again together as husband and wife. Amen.

Don I’m sorry that illness has made your wife erratic in her thoughts and actions. I’s understandable and necessary that you grieve.

I ask You, our God, to embue Don’s with healing love and grace.

Thank You God for Don’s courage in his heartbreak, and for his appreciation of the kindness in his son. Please give him loving support and help him to adapt in a wholesome way to his difficult circumstances.
Please help him through this coming year, and give him hope and happiness in Your grace and love.

Praying for your family.

Prayers promised

Dear Lord,

Please bless your autistic fifteen-year-old son Adam to ease any problematic sensory overload so that he is able to function by being able to correctly process information in accordance with Your Will, such that his intelligence shine through and develop. Please shield him from ear-splitting noise levels, from lights and motions in the environment that are too dazzling, from smells that overpower, from ultra-sensitivity to touch, from keen taste that can make eating unpleasant … Please tone down these sensations to the point where they can be used as gifts of above average hearing, eyesight, touch, smell, taste rather than being overwhelmingly crippling distractors from interaction with the outside physical world.

Lord,

If Adam was not born with the ability to innately recognize the non-verbal body language cues, gestures, the unspoken codes, or the nuanced verbal language and meanings within social interaction, please allow him to learn as much as You feel is for his good and for Your greater glory, … and grant patience to those around him.

Lord,

Please spare Adam from those who, well-meaning or not, would prescribe medications that would end up doing more harm than good physically, emotionally, or mentally. Please spare him also from the stigma of labels but instead surround him with teachers who can draw out his natural gifts and talents based on his deep sense of focus and areas of interest. Let people see the good in him and give him plenty of opportunities to thrive and succeed as the unique individual he is, rather than being ostracized for being “different.”

St. Joseph of Cupertino, pray for him.

~~ the phoenix

Praying hard for you and your son.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.