For my teacher

My teacher is an evangelical Protestant, and we got into a discussion today about Catholicism. I think that he was implying that Pope Francis is going to “legalize” (for lack of a better term) gay “marriage.” He also said that purgatory wasn’t defined as doctrine until the Council of Trent, and even though it was widely believed, there wasn’t any mention of it in the early Church Fathers. I knew he was wrong, but I was trying to be respectful and I don’t think I did a very good job defending the Church or the Holy Father. Please pray for him and for me, that I might be able to better love and defend the Faith in the future. Thank you.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

O my God, I firmly believe that you are one God in three divine Persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I believe that your divine Son became man and died for our sins and that he will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe these and all the truths which the Holy Catholic Church teaches because you have revealed them who are eternal truth and wisdom, who can neither deceive nor be deceived. In this faith I intend to live and die. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

praying. Do you ever try researching topics like such? Obviously i know you can’t know everything about Catholicism but sometimes when i’m bored and browsing the internet I will search such topics.

Praying for your intentions.

I’m assuming you aren’t in a Catholic school although these days you never know…
Don’t beat yoursef up…you did the best you could and this will only help you be better prepared when you have another opportunity. We grow in our ability to evangelize. He had some “pat” answers that sound very typical of evangelical christians. (I’ve been there) I will pray for you and your teacher.
mlz

Praying for you and your teacher…
+
Áve María, grátia pléna, Dóminus técum.

Benedícta tu in muliéribus,* et benedíctus frúctus véntris túi, Jésus. *

• Sáncta María, Máter Déi, óra pro nóbis peccatóribus, *nunc et in hóra mórtis nóstræ.

• Amen.*

Praying for your intentions.

Offer up some prayers and sufferances for the souls in purgatory for him… that through their intercession and requests, the Holy Spirit may show him the way.

Keep on fighting the good fight!

I will offer up some prayers for him, as well as for you now.

God bless!

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Adding my prayers

Remembering you and your teacher in my daily prayers. God bless.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***

Prayers continuing for you and your teacher…
+
*O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, who brought forth the Son of God still remaining a Virgin, assist us in this necessity. *
*O Star of the Sea, help us, and show us that you are our Mother. *

• O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, we humbly ask you from the depths of our heart to help us in this necessity. There are none who can withstand your power. *
    O show us that you are our Mother.

• O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Sweet Mother, we place this cause in your hands. *

Amen.

**Flos **Carmeli

Thank you so much everyone for you prayers. Please continue to pray now that school’s out :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.