For my wife...

**I have recently began my journey into the Catholic Church. My wife has read a few books such as Rome Sweet Home and Catholicism for Dummies. She understands most and agrees with most of what she reads but she isn’t quite ready to follow me. Irregardless of her decision, I am continuing on with my journey and I’ll pray for her along the way. I figure that the more I learn and the more I act like a Christian, she’ll see that this is the true church of Christ and she’ll follow with me.

Furthermore, I don’t really think it’s the Catholic Church holding her back, but church in general. We’ve been in and out and struggling with church for a couple of years and it’s hard to get back into the swing of things. I just ask that everyone pray with me, for my wife, to open her heart and mind and to become involved in church again. :gopray:

Thanks! God Bless!

Rodney**

J†M†J
Praying for your intentions:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

God Bless
In Jesus through Mary
Steve

O Lord, I pray that You unite Rodney and his wife in this journey into Your Holy Church. Draw them both to Your truth. Help Rodney be a loving example of what a true Christian is. In Jesus name we pray.

Rodney:

I’m praying for you and your wife.

Prayerfully,

Renato

Oh sweet Jesus even your own family did not believe in you. That is why you said “No one is a prophet in their own land”. What a beauty that You invite us with such love to carry crosses into calvary with You. Today I ask you Father to hold this family in your Sacred Heart and grant that they all follow You.

Be the best husband and father, remembering that there are three things that are MOST important…Faith, Hope and Love…Love being the most important of the three. Prayer, Love and Patience…Prayer, Love and Patience. Her resistance could possibly be the beautiful oven, where the Lord proves what kind of gold you will come out to be on the other side:)

Praying very hard for you and your wife that the Holy Spirit will guide her!

Praying for you and your wife to come home to the biggest welcoming home party there is with our Catholic Church. Praying a prayer of Thanksgiving that the lost sheep are headed to be with their Great Shephard. Amen

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying for your wife and your intentions.

I wanted to go ahead and thank everyone for their prayers! Today, already, I can tell a difference in the fact that my wife has said that the next Sunday I am off, which is 2 Sundays from now, she will go. I think a lot of this stems from her not wanting to go to the church this Sunday by herself.

I feel that she is open to going to the Catholic Church and she is open about the faith, infact, she believes most of what the Catholic Church teaches, if not all of what the Catholic Church teaches, she’s just a little scared of turning from what we’ve grew up being taught from the Independent Fundamentalist preaching that we’ve sat under for years!

Again, thanks so much for the prayers!

Praying for your intentions…:crossrc: …God bless

Praying for your intentions.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Prayers and Intercessions

Christ has risen from the dead and is always present in his Church. We reverently pray to him:

• Lord, remain with us.

Lord, Jesus, triumphant victor over sin and death,
you who live for ever and ever, be present among us.
Come to us in your invincible power
and demonstrate God’s good will towards us.
Come to the aid of this divided and discordant world,
for you alone have the power to renew souls and reconcile them.
Keep strong our faith in final victory:
make us steadfast in hope for your coming.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those that trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

O God, you have brought together many races in one single acknowledgement of your name.
May those who have been reborn in baptism
be one in belief
and one in holy living.

Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen.

God bless you both…and may The Lord bring your wife to the Faith and grant you both Joy and Peace in Him…keeping you both in prayer…

Praying for your wife and you too! :gopray:

Saying special prayers for you both… God Bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.