For my youngest son

My youngest son (28) has just been in a car accident and while he is not injured, he is badly shaken up. In the course of the conversation, he told me that his license has been suspended due to unpaid parking tickets. His car, that he just got and is still paying for is a write-off and is uninsured. He is in a complete state thinking that he’s really in a jam, no car, no license, no insurance, his life down the tubes, he might even go to jail. We have assured him, that under the laws of WA, this first offence fender-bender in which no one was hurt will only result in a fine so there will be no jail, not to worry about the money, we will support him. We’ll just take one step at a time and deal with things as they come. My DIL (older son’s wife) is a lawyer and can advise him on all the legal aspects and recommend someone to represent him if needed.

I told him to get something to drink, a juice or a coke, cause he was in shock and he laid the bombshell on me that he has a bleeding ulcer that he didn’t want to worry me with, because I haven’t been very well myself for a while, and can’t drink either of those. He has been under treatment from a doctor but still throws up blood so he is going for a gastroscopy next week. My grandmother died of stomach cancer, so now, I’m really in a spin. He’s 500 miles away. At best, I could be there tonight, if I could get a seat on the plane but he says there’s no need, there isn’t anything I could do anyway.

A couple years ago, he had a hole in one lung that was partially collapsed as a result and they didn’t hospitalise him. Now, he has a bleeding ulcer and they still let him walk around. Is there something wrong with him that he just gets these holes opening up internally, in a lung or in his stomach?? What is going on??? :crying:

Patron Saint for those who suffer from irresponsibility, please intercede for my son and help him to overcome his lackadaisical attitude.

Saint Charles Borromeo, I ask for your intercession for my son in the healing of his ulcer.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself.

Amen

Dear Linda, as amother I can understand something of the shock and distress you feel for your son. I ask God to hear all the prayers of your heart for him. His accident at least has given you clearer knowledge of the issues your son is living with, so I thank God that you can therefore give him the prayers, comfort, and support he needs.

Linda, ulcers are very often caused by heliocopter baccili and can be cured with antibiotics. I pray that your son has the appropriate tests to show up whatever is causing his health problems.

Father in heaven please send Your Holy Spirit powerfully into this man’s life and heal him of his issues and his ailments. I ask for his and his family’s well-being and happines…in the name of Jesus

Dear Linda, as amother I can understand something of the shock and distress you feel for your son. I ask God to hear all the prayers of your heart for him. His accident at least has given you clearer knowledge of the issues your son is living with, so I thank God that you can therefore give him the prayers, comfort, and support he needs.

Linda, ulcers are very often caused by heliocopter baccili and can be cured with antibiotics. I pray that your son has the appropriate tests to show up whatever is causing his health problems.

Father in heaven, in the name of Jesus, please send Your Holy Spirit powerfully into this man’s life and heal him of his issues and his ailments. I ask for his and his family’s well-being and happiness. Amen

Dear Linda, as a mother I can understand something of the shock and distress you feel for your son. I ask God to hear all the prayers of your heart for him. His accident at least has given you clearer knowledge of the issues your son is living with, so I thank God that you can therefore give him the prayers, comfort, and support he needs.

Linda, ulcers are very often caused by helicobacter baccili and can be cured with antibiotics. I pray that your son has the appropriate tests to show up whatever is causing his health problems.

Father in heaven, in the name of Jesus, please send Your Holy Spirit powerfully into this man’s life and heal him of his issues and his ailments. I ask for his and his family’s well-being and happiness. Amen

Father,
Sometimes too many words get in the way of the heart. Please heal this child of Yours! He is in desperate need of Your help!

Please continue to bless his family as they seem to be wonderful instruments in providing this helping grace I ask of.

With him and all your children, do not let them leave this world without first getting to know you and experience your healing power!

Amen, Amen!
+

He is allergic to penicillin so there are few antibiotics he can take. He said the doctor had given him tablets but they weren’t doing anything. I will have to ask him if they gave him the test for the presence of these bacteria. It is quite simple, drink a radioactive potion and blow into a balloon.

Thank you for your prayers.

Father, let this be the wake-up call for him to turn to You.

Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

I will keep him, you and your whole family in my prayers too.

My prayers go out to your son, yourself and your entire family to manage through this trying time. Know that the power of prayer is an amazingly powerful tool!

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with Thee
Blessed are you amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for our sinners
Now and at the hour of our death
Amen

Thank you everyone for your prayers.

He has had his gastroscopy and he has a sliding herniated ulcer. They also took several samples for biopsy, the results for which are not yet back. He will be seeing his doctor again shortly to find out what the treatment is.

So I continue to ask for prayers for him, not just for the healing of his ulcer, but also for the healing of his soul, that he return to the Church and the Sacraments and most especially, to Jesus.

On this, Mary’s Birthday,

Hail Mary, Full of Grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amoung women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying
Grandma Glor

Praying for your Son Linda.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.