for myself

I’ve struggled with cybersex for the majority of my life. I was sober for almost 2 yrs, then relapsed the first week of Lent this year. I’m back in therapy, but am still struggling to get back out.

I’ve learned that underlying my behaviours are a lot of unresolved anger and deep sadness. Now that these emotions are coming to the surface I find I’m both seeking comfort and venting my rage at my lack of a normal childhood.

Please pray for me. I want this all to end once and for all.

Thanks and pax Christi

Mother Mary, I recommend Brgregmack to you. Please make your intentions in this matter come true. Help him to break free from the chains that hold him bound. May he pray zealously and often for holy purity and find a holy priest to help him be strong spiritually. Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection,
implored your help or sought your intercession,
was left unaided.

Inspired with this confidence,
I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother;
to you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful.

O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in your mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

St. Michael, I ask you to intercede with God on brgregmack’s behalf. May he be filled with the strength and the intense desire to fight off the temptations that surround him. Be his protector, St. Michael, against the evil around him. May God lead him to friends, family, loved ones, and people who can support him in his struggles. AMEN.

Lord please help brgregmack to forgive all the injustice and abuse of the past and help him to find the means to live in the present and to work towards a healthy future.

Heavenly Father help me to recover where injury goes beyond ordinary forgiveness and my hearts is in some way crushed, and my lfe changed and devalued. Help me to find a way to forgive when I cannot smile or encounter the offending persons with warmth because they have destroyed something in me.

Father please help me to forgive when I cannot forgive…and I cannot forgive because they do not understand how badly they have hurt me, and do not seek in any real way to acknowledge or try to heal the hurt they imposed on me. And even when I tried to tell them from the bottom of my heart but they would not listen, please help me to forgive.

Father help me to forgive when those who hurt my life do not even remember how badly they have wounded me, and go on with their lives without concern, while I remain still held in some kind of time capsule with the consequences of their unfeeling and uncaring and attack.

Father, help me to forgive when those who wounded me by ignoring my needs and requests, yet who desire me to ignore their offense, and expect me to respond to their hints or manipulations while they make no concessions or apologies.

Help me to forgive those who impose their own conditions and rules upon me, without respecting that my hurt is real and radical, while they make me feel that they only desire my capitulation without justice, apology, or generosity from them.

Please help me to forgive those who have hurt me physically, or emotionally, or mentally, and above all, spiritually, by action or by neglect.

Father please free me, in forgiveness that comes from Your Son, innocent, and murdered, but forgiving

I'm right there with you. St. Dymphna, St. Therese, and St. Augustine, pray for him and for us.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.