For our daughter, preparing to give birth

Our younger daughter will go into the hospital tonight, as her doctor doesn’t want her to go much past her due date (a few possible complications, but likely just overcautious).

Please keep her, baby Ben, her husband and the doctors and nurses in your prayers, that all goes well, and that it is a safe and normal delivery for her and the baby.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed
is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Prayer to St. Gerard for a safe delivery:

O great Saint Gerard, beloved servant of Jesus Christ, perfect imitator of your meek and humble Savior, and devoted child of Mother of God, enkindle within my heart one spark of that heavenly fire of charity which glowed in your heart and made you an angel of love.

O glorious Saint Gerard, because when falsely accused of crime, you did bear, like your Divine Master, without murmur or complaint, the calumnies of wicked men, you have been raised up by God as the patron and protector of expectant mothers. Preserve me from danger and from the excessive pains accompanying childbirth, and shield the child which I now carry, that it may see the light of day and receive the purifying and life-giving waters of baptism through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, we fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, our Mother. To you do we come, before you we stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word incarnate, despise not our petitions but, in your mercy, hear and answer us. Amen.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.:signofcross:

Lord, I pray for a safe and normal delivery of Dixieagle’s daughter’s baby. May the holy angels guide the hands of the doctors and nurses caring for Dixieagle’s daughter and grandchild. Please, grant peace and patience to both mother and father as they await the arrival of their dear newborn baby. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

*Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.*

UPDATE

Thank you all! After a relatively quick and fairly easy labor, especially for a first baby, my daughter gave birth to baby Benjamin today at 11 am! 8 lbs. 15 oz., 21 inches. Baby and his happy mom and dad are all doing well.

Thank you for all the prayers. DD had a couple of scares during this pregnancy, but all appears more than well.

God bless!

Congratulations!

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

Thanks be to God!:clapping:

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.