For peace...

Dear friends…
Please pray for my peace of mind.
I am so overwhelmingly stressed - work is killing me, running a family with young kids is so incredibly hard as a working mom, and my husband insists that we need my income - and we do - our house is falling apart and needs tens of thousands of dollars of work in order to just make it “functional” (I’m talking about gutted bathrooms and cabinet doors falling off in the kitchen)… so much stress that my hair is falling out and I’ve noticed bald spots (I’m only 31)… my husband is NEVER home before 9pm… I do EVERYTHING…
I just need a break… :frowning:

Emily,

My wife is taking care of everything for us this year too (I’m deployed to Iraq) and I know the frustration and the stress. May God Bless you and keep you and your family.

I offer this prayer for you and your family,

Heavenly Father, in our present need, help us to believe that you are aware of our anxiety and will do what is best for us. Give us the strength to trust you and put the present and future in your hands. Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

ME

Hail Mary, full of grace.
The Lord is with you.
Blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying for you and your family Emily …

Prayers for you and your family Em!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Oh Em :console: I understand where you are coming from. While I only work part-time, my DH is out of town ALOT for work and even when he is in town, he usually gets home after 7:30. Then to have the home-remodeling stuff on your “to-do” list too… :frowning:

It IS hard, you DO deserve a break. I will pray especially for you today, on this Friday, that you find some restorative time for yourself this weekend.

God bless you Em!

Praying my heart out for you.

Lord,
Give Em strength and wisdom
to live this day as she ought.

Give Em strength…
to overcome every temptation which may come to her,
to do well every task which is assigned to her,
to shoulder every responsibility which is laid upon her shoulders.

Give Em wisdom…
to know when to speak and when to keep silent,
to know when to act and when to refrain from action,
to know when to speak her mind and when to hold her peace.

So bring Em to the end of this day
in goodness, in happiness and in peace.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.