For People Under 32 Years of Age, Are You Nostalgic Enough to See the New Winnie the Pooh Movie?

I remember when Toy Story 3 came out, my friends and I saw the movie because we were all so nostalgic for the films that were a big part of our childhood.

I grew up loving "The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh". I saw virtually every episode and every day when I was a little boy in the 90s and in the early 2000s, I'd watch an episode on my VCR (remember those?). I doubt I will see the new movie in theatres, but are any of you who grew up with Winnie the Pooh going to see it based on nostalgia?

Honestly I didn't even know there was a Winnie the Pooh movie comming out. But now that I know, I will definitely go see it. I was more of a 'Welcome to Pooh Corner' kind of kid.
Then again, I usually see all of the Disney cartoons in theatres and own them all. I am 29 and a Disney kid and always will be. So it might not be nostalgia, but I will see it.

Aah, I remember Pooh Corner. The modern updates of that (Book of Pooh) and New Adventures (My Friends Tigger & Pooh) make me cringe for some reason.

The New Adventures of Winne-the-Pooh was by far my favorite. I had certain tapes that I'd watch over and over. One of them had Tigger living out my childhod fantasies: In one episode, he decides to become an inventor and creates a hugely complex Do-it-all machine that was so similar to the kinds of "inventions" I would draw when I was little. In another, he becomes a detective, just like I always dreamed of being. One I watched to death when I was really little was the "Wishing Star" episode: "Flap like a bird, Jump like a fish, Sit down, Stand up, Wish, wish, wi--"

ahem

So yeah, the nostalgia runs deep. :blush:

Until I saw this thread, I'd forgotten that there was a Pooh movie coming out. I don't know if I'll see it in theaters (probably not, since I don't see too many movies) but I'll definitely grab the DVD for nostalgia's sake.

I'm VERY excited for it, for two reasons...
1. It's based more off the books, and not something new and silly. (Like, ugh, TheTigger Movie..)
2. TRADITIONAL ANIMATION. :'D

So yes, adult here who is quite excited.

[quote="Suni_Moon, post:4, topic:243234"]
I'm VERY excited for it, for two reasons...
1. It's based more off the books, and not something new and silly. (Like, ugh, TheTigger Movie..)
2. TRADITIONAL ANIMATION. :'D

So yes, adult here who is quite excited.

[/quote]

Wow really, its traditional animation. That's great. I think the computer animation is great, but there is something to be said about it being hand drawn cell by cell.

I won't go based on nostalgia. I'll go because Winnie is awesome. :D

I did NOT, however, go to see the Garfield movies because, let's face it, you cannot make a movie out of a comic like Garfield. The TV series was a flop (in my mind) and I wouldn't touch the movies with a ten foot pole.

But Winnie... ah, Winnie... bring it on.

Trailer here:

youtube.com/watch?v=QNkNI-Ot7sk

I doubt I'll go see it, but that has more to do with the fact that I'm not a huge moviegoer. I have to REALLY want to see a movie to go the theater. It will end up in my netflix queue though. :thumbsup:

Me! Me! Me! :cool:

I was also a big fan of “The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh” (I think we might have some on Betamax actually, and unfortunately). I’m super-excited to see it being done in traditional watercolours. I’ve seen some of the new Pooh ones, and they look bad with the full-digital colours.

The only really unfortunate part is that it comes out the same day as Harry Potter 7 part 2. :frowning: Why Disney, was must you make me choose! :mad:

I don’t know why, but I have a feeling that this might be the last Pooh movie. Well, I guess it might depend on how well it does.

[quote="nickybr38, post:6, topic:243234"]
I won't go based on nostalgia. I'll go because Winnie is awesome. :D

I did NOT, however, go to see the Garfield movies because, let's face it, you cannot make a movie out of a comic like Garfield. The TV series was a flop (in my mind) and I wouldn't touch the movies with a ten foot pole.

But Winnie... ah, Winnie... bring it on.

[/quote]

I agree with you that the Garfield movie and show was not good. However, the Garfield Christmas special is spectacular.
Also, as far as movies from comics, Peanuts make excellent movies/shows.

But yes Winnie the Pooh is great, dont forget Tigger to!

I would just flip a coin and then see the other one the next week :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.