For person who hurt me

HURT me? Well No. For someone who has absolutely gutted me in the toughest, most painful way possible. Obviously I won’t go into details about what she did, but basically she took my whole entire livelihood away from me…No, it’s wore than that, but it doesn’t matter anymore. No forgiveness is needed, because I can see it objectively and I’m not saying it’s her fault-In fact, it’s probably MY fault because I should have walked away-clearly she misunderstood me, and as in many such cases, I’m sure she has no idea of the damage she caused…or then again maybe she did, but I don’t care aymore and either way I never have to see her again. I think I’m recovering nicely, and all I ask now is to absolutely forget her, and to speed into this new chapter of my life, with improved vigour and enthusiasm, and certainly having learned something–and to enjoy myself completely in the process. The end.:bounce:

Praying for you and the person who hurt you.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. :crossrc:

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen. :crossrc:

Your post was an amazing progression!
That you mentioned the hurt, indicates traces of hurt remaining, and a forgiveness that may need to be renewed sometimes.
It’s mature of you to claim some blame for yourself,and I hope you can forgive yourself, though you appear willing to. I guess you are thankful for the life-lessons she’s taught you, but I’m delighted that you wish to move forward wholesomely to flourish.

I take you at your word, but having a convoluted mind, I’ll do what may be irrelevant stuff which you can ignore if it doesn’t apply somewhere there, in trace amounts within you.
I’ll pray forgiveness prayer on your behalf as the injury done to you is real and serious, and feelings and regrets come in unexpected waves, even if with time they lessen.

I** praise and thank God that you have learned life-lessons from your traumatic experience. I praise God for your wonderful spirit and intention! **

My parish priest assures us that unless we really face the wrong someone has done us and the effect it has on us, then we can never really heal or flourish…thus:

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]Father help me to recover where injury goes beyond ordinary forgiveness and my heart is in some way crushed, and my life changed. Help me to find a way to forgive when I cannot smile or encounter the offending person with warmth because she has destroyed something in me.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Father please help me to forgive that she does not understand how badly she has hurt me, and does not seek in any real way to acknowledge or try to heal the hurt she imposed on me. And even when I tried to tell her from the bottom of my heart but she would not listen, please help me to forgive.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Father help me to forgive when the one who hurt my life does not even remember how badly she has wounded me, and goes on with her life without concern, leaving me with the consequences of her unfeeling and uncaring and attack.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Father please free us, free me, in forgiveness that comes from Your Son, innocent, and murdered, but forgiving.[/FONT]

Jesus said, pray for your enemies…and maybe something like the followings is what you could ask your angel to take to her soul…

Whether or not you have sinned against me by malice of by mistake, I ask God’s help to forgive you, as Jesus demands, in order that I too may be forgiven my sins, I must forgive, even if I must wisely avoid you.

In spirit, I ask forgiveness for choices that faciliated your sin against me. Perhaps you will not regret or perhaps you will never inform me if you do, yet I mean only kindness to others and to you. Though you have deeply wounded me, I pray for you and those with you.

“I bless you. I bless your thoughts and feelings. I bless your family, I bless your ventures, and I bless your life.” The power of those words is God’s not mine. I only bless you in God’s name, for He loves you profoundly.

I forgive you, where there are things to forgive even if you never acknowledge them and or do not value me even enough to see them. I place you in God’s care and ask His threefold blessing for you.

[/FONT]

“This…is what I pray before the Father from whom every family, whether spiritual or natural, takes its name:

Out of His infinite glory, may He give you the power through His Spirit for your hidden self to grow strong, so that Christ may live in your hearts through faith, and then, planted in love and built on love, you will with all the saints have strength to grasp the breadth and the length, the height and the depth; until, knowing the love of Christ, which is beyond all knowledge, you are filled with the utter fullness of God.”

“Glory be to Him whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine; glory be to Him from generation to generation in the Church and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever. Amen.”[Ephesians 3: 14-21]

Praying for you and the person who hurt you …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Loving Father please grant this person deep healing and new direction and life in You.
Please help this person to reslove residual difficulties and to find an appropriate new livelihood in Your loving care.

Please prevent the other person from causing harm to anyone else. Help her to become wiser and more generous.

Lord, I pray that when JustACybersoul_ happens to think of the girl who hurt him/her that he/she will pray for her soul and not allow bitterness or unforgiveness to keep him/her from truly loving and forgiving her. Should JustACybersoul_ feel bitterness whenever the thought of the girl comes to mind, may he/she say to You: Jesus you love this girl unconditionally, so do I. I forgive her and want to get past the hurt she has caused me. Protect me from her hurting me again and always help me cling to you whenever I am bothered by the suffering she has caused. Help her get to heaven and help me become a saint by my patiently and loving bearing wrongs done to and against me. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.