For Protestants, if you were to pick a Catholic devotional prayer, which one would you pick? The Hail Mary, or the Divine Mercy Chaplet?

For Protestants, if you were to pick a Catholic devotional prayer, which one would you pick? The Hail Mary, or the Divine Mercy Chaplet?

Before you answer this Poll, visit these two links:

ewtn.com/Devotionals/mercy/dmmap.htm - Devotional Prayer for the Divine Mercy Chaplet.

rosary-center.org/howto.htm The Devotional Prayer of the Rosary

Thank you for leaving us the choice to pick neither or an own prayer.
I appreciate that.
I would not pray the rosary not the divine mercy chaplet for the simple reason that I have learned (yes, it took me a while after reciting prayers for years) to actually ask God in my own words. I can better ask for forgiveness, thank Him, praise Him, worship Him and make supplication when I do it in my own words.

I would pick the Divine Mercy Chaplet. As someone who prays in my own words as well as with written prayers, I have to say that, when I pray those that are written, my prayers tend to be less selfish. I’ve prayed the rosary, and love the scriptural rosary as a meditation tool, but I get much more out of the divine mercy—it is also easier for me to pray on the way to work, which I do every weekday. But then, I am hardly a typical protestant, since I hope, with God’s mercy, to eventually become Catholic–the only thing holding me back is my husband, who is hostile to the Faith (read that staunch non-denominational protestant–he won’t even join the United Methodist church that we have been attending for the last 3 years!)

Please pray for him.

I used to listen to the Divine Mercy Chaplet on EWTN radio, and found it beautiful. With the exception of Hail Holy Queen and the second part of the Hail Mary, the Rosary is just fine, as well.

Jon

Jesus Son of the living God have mercy on me.

The only one Id do.

I have to agree with Jon.

Nice genuine response.

If I were recite a prayer as a devotional prayer, it too would be this one. I have utilized the Jesus Prayer and a chokti as a devotional practice over the years…but I prefer to “wait upon the Lord” and seek to touch the Spirit Within that prays for my needs better than I am able to vocalize.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.