For single parents

I have three sisters who are single parents. The divorce rate keeps rising. None of my sisters wanted to be divorce, but their husband became unfaithful. Now they are forced to raise their children alone with the dad's being part- timers. One thing I have seen through the years with the ones that have been divorce longer is that it is not easy and it is not easy on the kids. The kids suffer. They grow angry and angry at God.

I wanted to start this thread for us to pray for single parents and their children. They need our prayers. Some are struggling financially. Some are struggling emotionally. Some are struggling spiritually. Some are struggling in all of these areas. Some become weak and broken and need our prayers to become strong for the sake of their children.

Let us pray for their motherhood or fatherhood and for their children. So if you have any brothers or sisters who are single after a divorce or just a single parent and could use prayers, place their names, first names only on our list. You don't need to write their kids names down, just say how many kids they have. I will get things started by mentioning my three sisters.

Please pray for:

Lillian and her two children
Norma and her two children
Debbie and her two children.

God Bless and thank you.

Lord Jesus,

So many single parent are trying their best to be good Catholic parents on their own without the help of a spouse. Sometimes, they have the ex as an opponent in raising their kids Catholic. Please Lord, having mercy on their single parents and give them the grace they need to raise their children in the Catholic Faith with love and mercy. Help them be patient and loving even when they feel like giving up because they are exhausted being mother and father. Bless them Lord with many graces and give them the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Increase in them the gift of Faith, Hope, and Charity. May they never give up Hope in You and in their children. Amen.

In most of the cases, their x is the opponent..In most cases, they suffer from all 3...Take separation and divorce very, very, and I mean very seriously, the grass is rarely better on the other side of the fence....when you marry, do so knowing it's for life, just don't think about it as temp, it's for the duration of your life period. and a great big period (.)

That said, there are still many counterparts to each side, but they are still divided entirely due to lack of faith. If our earthly father passes away, our heavenly one does not, if our earthly mother passes away, we have one as well, Mary!!! Yet she's not a deity, so is one we can relate to along a different level entirely.

I pray for these broken family's to find a way to put back the pieces, I pray for all wounds to be healed among them and I surely hope even the smallest creation among them, becomes prosperous in their endeavors towards a united family structure. Amen

Join in this prayer intention

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it as it is in heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive
those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end.
Amen

For your sisters and their families and for others who are in the same situation …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying hard.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.