For someone suffering from depression

For someone I know who suffers regularly from depression. All prayers appreciated. Thx. :o

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed
is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death

Amen.

O Christ Jesus,
when all is darkness and we feel our weakness and helplessness,
give us the sense of Your presence, Your love, and Your strength.
Help us to have perfect trust in Your protecting love and strengthening power,
so that nothing may frighten or worry us.
Through living close to You we shall see Your hand, Your purpose, Your will through all things.

Amen

We all need to help each other, especially through harsh times such as depressions. Please, if you really just need someone to hear you out, to talk to, to listen to your troubles, you have several options, you could post here, you could send it in private to a user, you can go to your church and talk it over with a priest, you have other people, but most importantly, you have the saints you can look to, and you have Jesus. Never shall you be alone as long as you believe in Him, and He will always be watching over you. Sometimes we need to understand that we go through trials and struggles, yet God always has a plan! When Joseph was betrayed by his brothers, God had a plan. When he was falsely accused of adultery and put to jail, God had a plan. And in time, despite the struggles, God’s plan came through, and Joseph became the second most powerful man in Egypt, second to only the Pharaoh himself. Hang on, all those with whom depression lies beside at night, because God is always with you, and there is always a way out. :slight_smile: I had a depression resently, and just when I was about to give up on it all, when I turned my back against the hope of God, Jesus came to me, I didn’t see Him, but I felt Him, and I felt, not heard, His voice, His message, and His soothing presence made my anguish go away, and my tears flowed, but this time not because of depression, but because of how great to love of a loving God was, that He came to me and soothed me, He took away my pain, and He just gave me all the love I needed, in fact, more than I needed to get through the experience, enough to get through it all and want to become a more devout Christian, and to stick through the struggles. God is with you, all those who are depressed, never give up.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Bledded art thou among women and
blessed in the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus…
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us dinners
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Hear us, O God, our Savior, as we honor St. Dymphna, patron of those afflicted with mental and emotional illness. Help us to be inspired by her example and comforted by her merciful help. Amen.

Lord, hear our prayers

Been there myself, so I understand. The energy to get out of depression will come from long adorations, contemplation, silent retreats, communion with God and nature. I pray for our friend :slight_smile:

Praying hard to St. Dymphna.

Praying for your friend.

Our Father…
Hail Mary…
Glory be…

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.