For sponsorship/preparation for St. Therese School of Faith & Mission

Hey all!

Before I ask for my prayer intention I would just like to share a bit about myself and where Im coming from
For me, I grew up in a large Catholic family with lots of love and affection. My family went to Church every Sunday and were very involved in a lot of the activities at Church. I had a special friendship with the Lord growing up. I loved serving at Mass and even though I didn`t know a lot (besides the basics) of my faith I knew that it was very important. This started to change as I got into High School. I got involved with a lot of bad things and I soon became enslaved by these things. For example I struggled with impurity and was very emptied because of that. I also had a lot of questions on my heart. I would question whether God existed and whether He loved me. Finally I decided after my life was becoming a real mess that I should probably talk to a priest about these things because I figured at the time that priests were the only holy people. So I went to my parish priest and told him everything that I had done, everything that I experienced. I remember He raised his hand and said “I forgive you in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit”. It was at that moment that I felt COMPLETELY changed. It was as if before hand I had all these chains around my heart and I was captivated but after He said those words those chains were completely broken and I felt like a new man! It was after that that I decided that I wanted to give my life to the Lord. It hasn’t been perfect and it hasn’t been easy but boy does it fill my life with great joy!
The Lord also gave me the opportunity to share what He has done in my life last year on the road with an organization called NET ministries of Canada (National Evangelization Teams). I had started going to St. Joseph’s Oratory in Montreal in order to pray and discern. I remember one priest telling me that I should go pray in front of the tomb of Brother Andre (who was just recently canonized). About a week or so after I started doing that I received a message from the supervisor of the French Net team looking for young guys to go on the road and bring the Gospel to the youth of Canada. I went through the whole summer discerning and finally decided at the end of the summer to ask the Lord to make it clear to me if He wanted me to go on NET. I opened up my Bible and the first thing I read was “ I have set you to be a light to the Nations that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth” (Acts 13:47). After reading that I felt this incredible sense of joy and I felt like the Lord was calling me to serve on NET. But initially I was afraid so I responded with a “no” and started my school year at CEGEP. However I wasn’t at peace and just didn’t feel like I was supposed to be at school. I ended up calling back the supervisor and was accepted to go on the road a day before the NET training started. The year on NET was definitely the best year of my life to date. I grew in my faith and was also able to bring the Gospel across the nation to the youth of our country. Praise God! These experiences have been opportunities for me to grow in my faith and to be able to share my faith, but it has also left me with a desire to know more about my faith. I am very excited to be attending St. Therese School of Faith and Mission in Bruno, Saskatchewan, for the coming year starting in September.

St. Therese School of Faith and Mission is a nine-month program of faith formation designed to help deepen and enliven faith and a relationship with Christ and his Church. I invite you to learn more about St. Therese School of Faith and Mission on their website: www.sttherese.ca.

For this school I will be raising sponsorship and I would invite you to pray for me , for my sponsorship but also that my heart will be prepared for what the Lord has in store for me this year… & that I may use whatever healing/growth for Gods Glory in the future. that Please pray also for my brothers & sisters in Christ who I will be spending the year with this year!

Your brother in Christ,
Zachary

P.S. I offer up this tread also for all missionaries (as St. Therese is the patroness of missions)

May the Lord bless you abundantly and help you to raise sponsorship for your school. May you be prepared for whatever the Lord will be requiring of you this year and respond cheerfully and readily. May your heart burn with love for God and neighbor, and may you persevere in a state of grace. May you be abandoned to the the Lord’s merciful love full of confidence in his merciful love. Amen.

Loving God may Your Spirit prevail in everything with regard to St. Therese School of Faith & Mission, and in all aspects of Zachary’s life.
May Your desire for everything concerned and everyone involved be gloriously fulfilled.
Thank You, loving God

Praying for you to succeed in the mission that you have been given …

Lord, please nurture and protect Zachary as he strives to do your work. Help him in his times of trouble, and lead him through. If it is your will, help him to be a joyous light to others.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.