For Steve and his wife Linda as he battles lung disease caused by 9-11

My Friends,

I know we have all heard the stories of the Heroes in New York that sifted through the mounds of steel and concrete looking for survivors on 9-11-2001. Our hearts and prayers went out to all the victims and their families during those trying days.

The tragedy of 9-11 still lives in my friend’s family today. His Brother-in-law, Steve is a Lutheran Minister, Chaplin for the FBI East Coast, Professor of Medical Ethics at Stonybrook University and Director of Chaplains at Stonybrook Hospital.

Months after 9-11, Steve began suffering with several different problems with his lungs. The airborne fibers have imbedded themselves into his body. He has been on several different medications and has undergone different treatments. All have been unsuccessful. He would get better for a while, then the infection would return worse than before.

Once again Steve has been admitted the hospital this morning.

The Doctors are trying to do what they can for him. I ask you to please take time from your day and lift up Steve and his wife Linda in prayer asking for the healing hands of Jesus to be placed upon him.

Father, in Jesus’ name please give relief and healing to Steve as he battles the consequences of doing his job with dedication, courage, and compassion in the most tragic circumstances. Please now show him and his wife Your loving compassion for him.

Help him and his wife to continue to grow in faith, love and courage in union with You.

Merciful Jesus, during Your life on earth You showed great concern for the sick and the infirm. Have compassion now on Steve who has problems with his lungs that occured while he was helping others during 9-11. Grant him a healing of mind and body and restore his strength and spirit.

Comfort him with the knowledge that we are praying for him and his family, and give them peace with a sense of Your presence. May they know that in a special way they are united with You, their suffering Christ. May they contribute to the welfare of the Whole People of God by associating themselves freely with Your passion and death for the salvation of the world. Bless, too, those who take care of the sick. In their own time of need, bestow on them a hundredfold the blessings they have given to others.
Amen

:gopray2: Praying for this servant of God.

Praying for Steve and his family. Thank you for your service to your country.

Paul

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.