For T to not undergo female genital mutilation in Africa

Came across a post online from a 16 year old girl whose parents are taking her and her sister to Africa, where the parents are from, to a country with a 98% rate of female genital mutilation. She says her mom had this done and she is very scared they will try to force her and her sister to undergo the procedure. Please pray she is protected and safe from this. Thanks.

Praying very hard.

Prayers said that this procedure not be done.

Mary

Praying for these young girls.

Thanks, guys, let’s keep this up, I am scared for her and her younger sister, and they might be leaving soon.

We need to pray she has the courage to take action against it, because she is having trouble finding the courage to take some of the many good suggestions she has been given, since she isn’t 100% sure her parents will do this–but it is very likely, especially given that her mom approves, and she has cousins whose parents took them on a trip to “see the culture” and had this happen to them.

Thank you ! !

Continued prayers said. How frightening that would be to even think of. May God protect them both.

Mary.

Thank you, yes, it makes me want to cry for both of them, that they have to be in this position and so terrified. She is so young and her sister is younger, my heart goes out to them.

Praying for T and her sister…
+

*O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel, Fruitful Vine, Splendor of Heaven, who brought forth the Son of God still remaining a Virgin, assist us in this necessity. O Star of the Sea, help us, and show us that you are our Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, we humbly ask you from the depths of our heart to help us in this necessity. There are none who can withstand your power. O show us that you are our Mother.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Sweet Mother, we place this cause in your hands. Amen*

Lord, please protect these sisters and all woman in Africa or otherwise from mutilating actions. Protect these souls with powerful and watchful angels. Preserve them from the dark and horrible forces in this fallen, temporal world. Shine your heavenly light into this world, which seems all the darker by the day. Instill in all souls much grace for faith, hope, love, and joy always, and lead them to the eternal garden of life. Have mercy, Lord. Our Lady, angels, and saints, pray with us. Amen.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

This is a Barbaric act, there is no reason, no excuse, no Nothing for this to happen,
In Australia parents can be Jailed For 20. Years for forcing girls to undergo this shameful act
These Girls should alert the Authorities that this may be forced for this to happen,

Yes it is. If she could prove this was the plan, before leaving, it would work. She updated saying she spoke with her mom who reassured her it won’t happen, but she is right to still be very wary. Says she is still planning to call CPS. Has been advised to destroy passport / hide metal on her person in airport to get taken aside by security. We must keep praying for her and all girls who are at risk for this.

I certainly hope CPS or some other intervention can work to prevent this mutilation.
Continued prayers for these girls and all girls in this situation.

Mary.

Praying through the intercession of St. Philomena…

The St. Philomena Novena

Dearest St. Philomena, your prayers are powerful because you are so close to Our Lord. Your child-like faith and devotion are an inspiration to all of the faithful. Many miracles have occurred as a result of your intercession. In your closeness to Our Lord, please lift up these my intentions in prayer…

St. Philomena, at such a young age, you gave everything to Jesus to become a consecrated virgin for the Kingdom. Giving even more, you gave your life as you suffered a martyr’s death to preserve your gift to our Lord. Pray for me, that I might have the same faith and willingness to accept God’s will no matter the cost.

Amen.

St. Philomena, pray for us!

Gracious and merciful Father, please come to their assistance.

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Amen.

Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Of course her mother will deny that this trip is not for that purpose,
But she must not go, hope she does destroy passport or take what ever action required so not to go,

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

Amen.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Amen.

Mary, Mother of God, pray for T. St Raphael, protect T. Amen.

The St. Philomena Novena

Dearest St. Philomena, your prayers are powerful because you are so close to Our Lord. Your child-like faith and devotion are an inspiration to all of the faithful. Many miracles have occurred as a result of your intercession. In your closeness to Our Lord, please lift up these my intentions in prayer…

St. Philomena, at such a young age, you gave everything to Jesus to become a consecrated virgin for the Kingdom. Giving even more, you gave your life as you suffered a martyr’s death to preserve your gift to our Lord. Pray for me, that I might have the same faith and willingness to accept God’s will no matter the cost.

Amen.

St. Philomena, pray for us!

Yes of course, I am continually following her for updates, none yet…I hope she does destroy their passports if she has access to them, make a scene at the airport, call CPS, and other measures.

Thank you everyone for praying.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.