For the anxious and depressed

Especially during this blessed advent season - may they find peace and comfort that will remain with them always.

O Christ Jesus,
when all is darkness
and we feel our weakness and helplessness,
give us the sense of Your presence,
Your love, and Your strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
in Your protecting love
and strengthening power,
so that nothing may frighten or worry us,
for, living close to You,
we shall see Your hand,
Your purpose, Your will through all things.

By Saint Ignatius of Loyola

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God,
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Oh Lord,

Though for the majority this is a wonderful time of year. The celebration of your birth, the family get togethers and all the excitement. There are many who suffer deeply during the Advent and Christmas Season. Please Lord be with all those who struggle during this time of the year. May they find true joy in our Savior, Christ Jesus the Lord. Amen

I think hauling the artificial tree up, matching up the sockets and plugs and checking the lights runs out most of my Christmas spirit. I’m just fine putting up a Nativity set and playing songs about Jesus, Mary and the whole Holy Family with the angels, Magi and shepherds.

Walk with me

My Jesus, my friend, walk with me today.
Hand in hand, guide me to learn and to know what is good.
Arm in arm, help me to grow in my faith and in love for others.
Side by side, stay by me to protect me and to show me Your ways.
Heart to heart, help me to pray and to be all that you want me to be.
Thank you, Jesus, for the special love you have for me.

This prayer always heartens me. I hope that it will hearten all of you as well :slight_smile:

St. Dymphna, pray for us! Mary, Comforter of the Afflicted, pray for us!

Lord Jesus please grant Your peace to those who are anxious and depressed.
Help them to trust in You as they deal with the difficulties and hurts in their lives.
Help them to live one day at a time, in Your light and love.
Thank You, Jesus

Praying daily to St. Dymphna for them.

Mother of Sorrows, pray for us! Pray for my Dad who has been depressed for more than ten years. Pray the Paraclete ease his pain. Pray the same for me and all others with anxiety and depression, dearest Mother.

Lord, may the anxious and depressed feel their hearts warmed and uplifted this Advent, as they prepare for Your coming. May this Christmas season bring them to experience the joy of Your coming in a real and special way; may they know You as their intimate Friend and Saviour. Comfort the anxious and depressed in their sorrow and affliction, and bless them with a holy season of love and peace to lighten their burdens and brighten their lives. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.