For the Catholics

Hi,

My name is Matthew.

I am a Baha’i, but I wanted to say how impressed with the Catholic Faith’s sense of social justice and concern for the sanctity of life.

My dad is a Catholic, as are one of my sisters and her family, and my stepmother.

I hope it is OK for me to introduce myself here as this is probably where I will be contributing the most.

Thank you for hosting this forum,

Matthew

Absolutly friend, you are completely welcome here!

BTW, what is “Baha’i” ?

God bless,

Michael

Welcome to CAF forums Matthew. :slight_smile:

Hey Matthew and welcome! :wave:

Oh, great! Thanks for the compliments! We appreciate them!

Looking forward to seeing your posts. :slight_smile:

ClearWater

Welcome Matthew, glad to have you here with us.
Check out the forums and resources.
join in the discussions.
God bless.

Hi, Matthew! :slight_smile:
Of course you are more than welcome here! Look forward to seeing what you have to say!

Hello! It is nice to meet you. :smiley:

Hello to you too sir!
Glad to meet you.
:harp:
Pianist

It’s like a bah’ai invasion, I’ve never seen so many on CAF before. :smiley:

Thank you everyone. I appreciate the warm and kind welcome very much.

Michael,

To me a Baha’i is someone who strives to love with the love the Lord Christ has in His heart for all of God’s children.

Here is how Abdu’l-Baha put it:

“You must manifest complete love and affection toward all mankind. Do not exalt yourselves above others, but consider all as your equals, recognizing them as the servants of one God. Know that God is compassionate toward all; therefore, love all from the depths of your hearts, prefer all religionists before yourselves, be filled with love for every race, and be kind toward the people of all nationalities. Never speak disparagingly of others, but praise without distinction. Pollute not your tongues by speaking evil of another. Recognize your enemies as friends, and consider those who wish you evil as the wishers of good. You must not see evil as evil and then compromise with your opinion, for to treat in a smooth, kindly way one whom you consider evil or an enemy is hypocrisy, and this is not worthy or allowable. You must consider your enemies as your friends, look upon your evil-wishers as your well-wishers and treat them accordingly. Act in such a way that your heart may be free from hatred. Let not your heart be offended with anyone. If some one commits an error and wrong toward you, you must instantly forgive him. Do not complain of others. Refrain from reprimanding them, and if you wish to give admonition or advice, let it be offered in such a way that it will not burden the bearer. Turn all your thoughts toward bringing joy to hearts. Beware! Beware! lest ye offend any heart. Assist the world of humanity as much as possible. Be the source of consolation to every sad one, assist every weak one, be helpful to every indigent one, care for every sick one, be the cause of glorification to every lowly one, and shelter those who are overshadowed by fear.”

I often fail to live up to these words but this is my aim and my standard.

If you feel like it, please tell us the most beautiful thing about your faith to you, an experience you had, a ritual, a favorite Bible verse, anything that means so much to you about Jesus Christ and makes it so real for you.

Thank you!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahá’%C3%AD_Faith

The most beautiful thing about being Catholic is the knowledge that the Church can be traced back to Saint Peter and was established by Jesus. Also, the universality of the Catholic Church is very beautiful and inspiring to me - people from all races, nations, cultures, and languages. I feel that fulfills the “great commission”, the spreading of the Gospel.

The Mass and the Eucharist makes Jesus real to me. And knowing that throughout the world we are many peoples but one in this. I feel that I do have a personal relationship with God, but it would not be complete with the Mass and Eucharist. I personally feel and see God in nature and others (especially children), in His creation.

Firstly Hello to Matthew :wink:

Yes there are a few of us :wink:

I love the response on this welcome to this hello! :clapping:

Well done to all of you, A true Christian Welcome. :thumbsup:

I am mostly on the observe here now, I think I have said enough :blush:

God Bless all - Regards Tony

The Eucharist. Hands down…I have even cried upon receiving our Lord into my body in this way.

There is much more bur that is the most beautiful of all.

Peace
James

With the confusion of the secular changing world I can depend on the church not to change which always makes me smile because when I was an agnostic and then a evangelical I always felt nervous I didn’t have a compass on what was right or wrong now with the Catholic Church I do

Everything about it. Our faith is so rich, too much so to describe its majesty in one post. My three things that really ignite my heart are:

1. Devotion to Our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary.

2. The Eucharist (receiving it and Adoration).

3. Scholasticism.

:thumbsup:

All the Sacraments come to mind - all of them, but particularly the Eucharist. (Also Confirmation, which tends to get left out in the mix sometimes.)

The death on the cross because of love. Then the resurrection which conquers death and the darkness. This is all a part of the Eucharist as well

ditto!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.