For the conversion of my best friend

Hi everyone. Could you all please pray for the conversion of my best friend, Darrell? I would greatly appreciate it. He calls himself a “hopeful Agnostic” meaning that he doesn’t know whether or not God exists but he hopes that God exists. Please pray for him. Thank you.

I will remember him in my rosary today.

***+JMJTJ+

Darrell will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

praying

Thank you everyone for your prayers. :slight_smile:

Yesterday I was talking to him about the Eucharist. He said there was one thing he didn’t understand. He said basically (to paraphrase) “Wouldn’t they have run out of wine a long time ago?” and I told him that of course they have to buy more wine from time to time but that this wine is then consecrated during Mass and then it becomes Jesus’ blood. He thought that was preposterous. Please continue to pray for him. He needs prayers.

You’re a great witness Holly. Will pray for your friend’s faith…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Thank you everyone for your prayers. Darrell was asking me about what is a grave sin and what is not today. I told him some things that are grave sins. He disagreed with a lot of it. Please continue to pray for him.

Praying for Darrell.

Thank you Alese.

LORD Jesus
Guide UR Son

Just bumping this up. While Darrell has made progress, he still has a long ways to go. Please continue to pray for him.

Praying!

Thanks 244Rocket. :slight_smile:

Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit, please reveal Yourself and Your reality and truths to Holly’s friend Darrell, for both their sakes. Please hear and grant our prayers

prayers for enlightenment for your friend…

kate

PRAYER TO ST. MONICA

Dear St. Monica,
troubled wife and mother,
many sorrows pierced your heart during your lifetime.
Yet, you never despaired or lost faith.
With confidence, persistence, and profound faith,
you prayed daily for the conversion
of your beloved husband, Patricius,
and your beloved son, Augustine;
your prayers were answered.
Grant me that same fortitude, patience,
and trust in the Lord.
Intercede for me, dear St. Monica,
that God may favorably hear my plea for
the conversion of Holly2378’s best friend, Darrell,
and grant me the grace to accept His Will in all things,
through Jesus Christ, our Lord,
in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, forever and ever.

Amen

Thank you everyone for praying. He still needs prayers. Although he is unofficially a Christian now (he believes in the death and resurrection of Jesus now anyway), he has not been baptized. Please pray for his ultimate conversion to the Catholic Church. Also, I asked him if he’d attend the Catholic Church I go to with me this Saturday but he doesn’t want to because he disagrees with what the Catholic Church teaches. :frowning:

I feel that this is a hopeless cause. :frowning: St. Jude, holy patron of hopeless causes, pray for Darrell.

Hi everyone. Please continue praying for Darrell. He’s a long way off from converting to Catholicism. However, tomorrow he is attending a funeral Mass for a friend of his that committed suicide. Pray that this Mass would have a big impact on how he sees Catholicism. Also, this friend of his who committed suicide was a gay friend of his. One of Darrell’s main complaints about Catholicism is that Catholics “hate on” homosexuals.

Lord change the heart of Darrell from a heart of stone to a heart of flesh and fill him with the holy spirit aND LET YOUR WORD BE IN HIS HEART AND LET YOUR LOVE BE IN HIS HEART AND MIND. LORD LET HIM BE a ROMAN CATHOLIC and let him touch other’s lives and bring others to Christ, I thank you LORD, in the name of Jesus, amen . Thanks LORD FOR ALL THAT YOU DO FOR EACH OF US ,in the name of Jesus, amen / John

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.