For the devil to stop tempting me with impurity

I have been having the most temptations I have ever had. Please pray for me!

2 Likes

I pray that our Heavenly Father provides you increased strength, guidance, and other blessings.

Consider reading and reflecting on one Psalm each day (e.g., Psalm 27 is a good one to start with).

1 Like

LORD Jesus please save your child from the snares of the devil.

1 Like

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

1 Like

Don’t forget to invoke the Lord through the Jesus Prayer and focus on the words, our faith and their meaning:

Lord, Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Consider the strong temptation a grace in that God is calling you to greatness in Himself. Resist the devil!

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

“None of the trials which have come upon you is more than a human being can stand. You can trust that God will not let you be put to the test beyond your strength, but with any trial will also provide a way out by enabling you to put up with it.” 1 Corinthians 10:13

Be strong! Praying for you!

Whenever you feel tempted with impurity remember there is always a way out. I will tell you a story. There was a young monk and he had temptation to lust so he decided to tell the elder monk and asked him what to do. The elder said go to your cell and pray. He did so and came back to say he is still tempted. The elder said go to your cell and pray. The young monk did so and came back to say the temptation is gone and wondered why. The elder looked at him and said there is nothing worse the devil hates when you tell someone what he is up to.
Whenever you feel temptation and you feel you cannot handle it by yourself go to someone more spiritual than you to someone who will listen and tell that person the temptation. The temptation than will lose its power.
The devil does not enjoy group therapy so spill the beans on what is knocking on your door and it will not enter.

I pray that God assists you in your walk with Christ. Amen.

Prayer for Purity

Jesus, lover of chastity, Mary, mother most pure, and
Joseph, the guardian of the Virgin, we earnestly wish
to be pure in thought, word, and deed in imitation
of Your own holy purity.

Obtain for us, then, a deep sense of modesty which
will be reflected in our external conduct. Protect our
eyes, the windows of our souls, from anything that
might dim the luster of hearts that must mirror only
Christ-like purity.

And may the reception of Holy Communion seal
our hearts forever against the suggestions of sinful
pleasures.

Heart of Jesus, Fount of All Purity, have mercy on us.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.