For the homeless unemployed

*Jesus, you spent the last three years of your life unemployed and homeless, in order to preach and demonstrate the love of God and gospel truths.
Jesus You said, "The foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head."Luke 9:58

Jesus, You spent that last three years without income from Your trade.
You depended upon the shelter of others’ homes,
and upon the financial support of friends and supporters
You know that when circumstances prevented You from earning Your living, others came to Your aid.Joanna the wife of Chuza, Herod’s steward, and Susanna, and many other women, all of whom contributed to the support of Jesus and His Apostles Luke 8:3

Your followers didn’t leave You exposed to the elements, hot and cold, wind and rain.
They did not leave You to starve.
And Jesus, though You were homeless and without a wage, You were not forgotten … Large crowds followed You…
Matthew 19:2 Matthew 8:1 Luke 9:11Matthew 14:13
and they honoured You…
The crowds going ahead of Him, and those who followed … … Both the crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed him kept shouting, “Hosanna to the Son of David.” Matthew 21:9*

However
**Jesus, many homeless and unemployed have no one to help them.
No one to offer shelter.
No one to affirm that their lives have meaning and are precious.

Jesus I entreat You to embrace the hearts of the unemployed and the homeless, the neglected and the lonely, the desperate and the despairing…through the practical love and personal kindness of others,
to provide affordable shelter;
and where there is need, to help them to rehabilitate;
to supply jobs or support;
to share their food with them;
and with genuine love and wise practicality, to affirm their unique sacredness. **

Loving God,

We lift up our intentions as expressed so lovingly and spiritually by our sister and ask that our persistent prayers make a difference in this world. We ask for the continuing conversion of all political and business leaders who are in a position to influence matters of justice, employment, and housing through their works. We ask for a continuing change of heart for each of us who can make a difference to our fellow human beings one by one in chance meetings in our towns, cities, buses, Churches, and other gathering places. We ask that each of us may have the courage and love for you to see the disenfranchised and persons who have great challenges in their lives as You, and respond to their needs to the best of our abilites with each chance we have, while also dedicating ourselves to work for the spread of justice and safety nets in our towns to help those who are in most need. Lord Jesus, help us to hear the Gospel and live the beatitudes with ever increasing love for your people as we walk the journey of life and remain thankful that most of us are very fortunate and blessed, and we need to share our first fruits with You and the less fortunate in our world with joy and hope. Please help us to truly know the plight of the poor on a first name basis, and not just through a clinical and antiseptic review of United Way brochures or looking out the window of a vehicle as we pass through certain places in our cities.

Come Lord Jesus, come. May each of us be ready to receive you in the person of those who need our help most.

Amen.

Amen! to the two beautiful prayers above.

Lord, may I never ignore the plight of the poor and always be a friend of the poor. Protect them, Lord, and grant them your salvation. Amen.

A PRAYER FOR SOCIAL JUSTICE

Lord Jesus, Carpenter and King,
supreme Sovereign of all men,
look with tender mercy upon the multitudes of our day
who bear the indignities of injustice everywhere.
Raise up leaders in every land
dedicated to Your standards of order, equity, and justice.
Grant unto us, Lord Jesus,
the grace to be worthy members of Your Mystical Body,
laboring unceasingly to fulfill our vocation
in the social apostolate of Your Church.
Sharpen our intellects to pierce the pettiness of prejudice;
to perceive the beauty of true human brotherhood.
Guide our minds to a meaningful understanding of the problems of the poor,
of the oppressed, of the unemployed,
of all in need of assistance anywhere.
Guide our hearts against the subtle lure of earthly things
and undue regard for those who possess them.
May we hunger and thirst after justice always.

Amen.

Prayer for the Hungry

Lord Jesus Christ,

You urged us to give You food in Your hunger which is visible to us in the starving faces of
other human beings. Let me realize that there are millions of persons – children of the
same God and our brothers and sisters – who are dying of hunger although they do not
deserve to do so. Do not allow me to remain indifferent to their crying need, or to soothe
my conscience with the thought that I cannot do anything about this evil. Help me to do
something – no matter how small – to alleviate their heart–rending want. Also let me pray
regularly that these poor starving people will be rewarded for this terrible suffering they are
enduring, and be relieved of it as soon as possible.

You live and reign with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever.

Amen.

Saint Benedict Joseph Labre,

You know as well as anyone the trials of being homeless, but you also know the hope and joy to be found in Our Lord, Jesus Christ.

Please take the needs of those suffering on the streets to Our Lord, and bring his consolation back to them in these difficult times.

Amen.

Jesus, many homeless and unemployed have no one to help them.
No one to offer shelter.

Jesus I entreat You to embrace the hearts of the unemployed and the homeless, the neglected and the lonely, the desperate and the despairing…through the practical love and personal kindness of others,
to obtain where necessary required medication or counselling;
to supply education, jobs, retraining, or support;
and with genuine love and wise practicality, to affirm their unique sacredness.

PRAYER FOR THE POOR

Who is Jesus to me?
Jesus is the Word made Flesh.
Jesus is the Bread of Life.
Jesus is the Victim offered for our sins on the Cross.
Jesus is the Sacrifice at Holy Mass for the sins of the world and mine.
Jesus is the Word - to be spoken.
Jesus is the Truth - to be told.
Jesus is the Way - to be walked.
Jesus is the Light - to be lit.
Jesus is the Life - to be loved.
Jesus is the Joy - to be shared.
Jesus is the Sacrifice - to be given.
Jesus is the Bread of Life - to be eaten.
Jesus is the Hungry - to be fed.
Jesus is the Thirsty - to be satiated.
Jesus is the Naked - to be clothed.
Jesus is the Homeless - to be taken in.
Jesus is the Sick - to be healed.
Jesus is the Lonely - to be loved.
Jesus is the Unwanted - to be wanted.
Jesus is the Leper - to wash his wounds.
Jesus is the Beggar - to give him a smile.
Jesus is the Drunkard - to listen to him.
Jesus is the Little One - to embrace him.
Jesus is the Dumb - to speak to him.
Jesus is the Crippled - to walk with him.
Jesus is the Drug Addict - to befriend him.
Jesus is the Prostitute - to remove from danger and befriend her.
Jesus is the Prisoner - to be visited.
Jesus is the Old - to be served.
To me Jesus is my God,
Jesus is my Spouse,
Jesus is my Life,
Jesus is my only Love,
Jesus is my All in All,
Jesus is my Everything.

Amen.

(By Mother Teresa of Calcutta)

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

What a beautiful prayer and words I needed to hear. My husband lost his job and we are unable to pay our bills:o It has been a difficult year since we are still grieving the death of my sister this past May. Sometimes it feels like my guts are ready to fall out. Lord please help all people who are in our situation not to give up and to keep trusting and
putting our faith in you.

Praying daily for them.

*Jesus, You spent the last three years of Your life unemployed and homeless, in order to preach and demonstrate the love of God and gospel truths.
Jesus You said, "The foxes have holes and the birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head."Luke 9:58

and upon the financial support of friends and supporters
You know that when circumstances prevented You from earning Your living, others came to Your aid.Joanna the wife of Chuza, Herod’s steward, and Susanna, and many other women, all of whom contributed to the support of Jesus and His Apostles Luke 8:3

Your followers didn’t leave You exposed to the elements, hot and cold, wind and rain.
And Jesus, though You were homeless and without a wage, You were not forgotten … Large crowds followed You…
and they honoured You…
The crowds going ahead of Him, and those who followed … … Both the crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed him kept shouting, “Hosanna to the Son of David.” Matthew 21:9*

However
No one to offer shelter.

I’m really sorry to hear that you are coping with such a huge loss, yet also are pressured so much with financial problems. I ask Jesus to really help your family towards security. I’ll keep your family and your intentions in my prayers.

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve. To thee do we send up our sighs, mourning, and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us; and after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!

(V) Pray for us O holy Mother of God. ® That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Amen.

Please help all with housing and employment issues. AMEN

Loving God,

We lift up our intentions as expressed so lovingly and spiritually by our sister and ask that our persistent prayers make a difference in this world. We ask for the continuing conversion of all political and business leaders who are in a position to influence matters of justice, employment, and housing through their works. We ask for a continuing change of heart for each of us who can make a difference to our fellow human beings one by one in chance meetings in our towns, cities, buses, Churches, and other gathering places. We ask that each of us may have the courage and love for you to see the disenfranchised and persons who have great challenges in their lives as You, and respond to their needs to the best of our abilites with each chance we have, while also dedicating ourselves to work for the spread of justice and safety nets in our towns to help those who are in most need. Lord Jesus, help us to hear the Gospel and live the beatitudes with ever increasing love for your people as we walk the journey of life and remain thankful that most of us are very fortunate and blessed, and we need to share our first fruits with You and the less fortunate in our world with joy and hope. Please help us to truly know the plight of the poor on a first name basis, and not just through a clinical and antiseptic review of United Way brochures or looking out the window of a vehicle as we pass through certain places in our cities.

Come Lord Jesus, come. May each of us be ready to receive you in the person of those who need our help most.

Amen.

PRAYER FOR THE POOR

Who is Jesus to me?
Jesus is the Word made Flesh.
Jesus is the Bread of Life.
Jesus is the Victim offered for our sins on the Cross.
Jesus is the Sacrifice at Holy Mass for the sins of the world and mine.
Jesus is the Word - to be spoken.
Jesus is the Truth - to be told.
Jesus is the Way - to be walked.
Jesus is the Light - to be lit.
Jesus is the Life - to be loved.
Jesus is the Joy - to be shared.
Jesus is the Sacrifice - to be given.
Jesus is the Bread of Life - to be eaten.
Jesus is the Hungry - to be fed.
Jesus is the Thirsty - to be satiated.
Jesus is the Naked - to be clothed.
Jesus is the Homeless - to be taken in.
Jesus is the Sick - to be healed.
Jesus is the Lonely - to be loved.
Jesus is the Unwanted - to be wanted.
Jesus is the Leper - to wash his wounds.
Jesus is the Beggar - to give him a smile.
Jesus is the Drunkard - to listen to him.
Jesus is the Little One - to embrace him.
Jesus is the Dumb - to speak to him.
Jesus is the Crippled - to walk with him.
Jesus is the Drug Addict - to befriend him.
Jesus is the Prostitute - to remove from danger and befriend her.
Jesus is the Prisoner - to be visited.
Jesus is the Old - to be served.
To me Jesus is my God,
Jesus is my Spouse,
Jesus is my Life,
Jesus is my only Love,
Jesus is my All in All,
Jesus is my Everything.

Amen.

***(By Mother Teresa of Calcutta) ***

*Jesus, You spent the last three years of Your life unemployed and homeless, in order to preach and demonstrate the love of God and gospel truths.

and upon the financial support of friends and supporters.
You know that when circumstances prevented You from earning Your living, others came to Your aid. Joanna the wife of Chuza, Herod’s steward, and Susanna, and many other women, all of whom contributed to the support of Jesus and His Apostles Luke 8:3

and they honoured You…

However

No one to offer shelter.

Jesus I entreat You to embrace the hearts of the unemployed and the homeless,
the neglected and the lonely, the desperate and the despairing…
through the practical love and personal kindness of others,

Praying daily.

Prayer for the Hungry

Lord Jesus Christ,

You urged us to give You food in Your hunger which is visible to us in the starving faces of
other human beings. Let me realize that there are millions of persons – children of the
same God and our brothers and sisters – who are dying of hunger although they do not
deserve to do so. Do not allow me to remain indifferent to their crying need, or to soothe
my conscience with the thought that I cannot do anything about this evil. Help me to do
something – no matter how small – to alleviate their heart–rending want. Also let me pray
regularly that these poor starving people will be rewarded for this terrible suffering they are
enduring, and be relieved of it as soon as possible.

You live and reign with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever.

Amen.

Jesus, many homeless and unemployed persons have no one to help them.
No one to offer shelter.

Jesus I entreat You to embrace the hearts of the unemployed and the homeless,
the neglected and the lonely, the desperate and the despairing…
through the practical love and personal kindness of others,

Our love “is not to be mere words or mere talk, but something real and active; only by this can we be certain that we are children of the truth.” [John 3:18-19]

*“Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You; or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and make You welcome; naked and clothe You; sick or in prison and go to see You?” Jesus replies “I tell you solemnly, in so far as you did this to one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did it to me.” “In so far as you neglected to do this to one of the least, you neglected to do it to me.” *[Matthew 25:37-40, 45-46]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.