For the soul of a homeless man

A old homeless man passed away the other night in a alley.
Thought a few prayers would be nice a man long forgotten by society.

I offer this prayer to St. Benedict Joseph Labre for the soul of a homeless man:
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.

Saint Benedict Joseph Labre, you gave up honor, money, and home for love of Jesus. Help us to set our hearts on Jesus and not on the things of this world. You lived in obscurity among the poor in the streets. Enable us to see Jesus in our poor brothers and sisters and not judge by appearances. Make us realize that in helping them we are helping Jesus. Show us how to befriend them and not pass them by.

Saint Benedict Joseph Labre, you had a great love for prayer. Obtain for us the grace of persevering prayer, especially adoration of Jesus in the Most Blessed Sacrament.

Saint Benedict Joseph Labre, poor in the eyes of men but rich in the eyes of God, pray for us.

Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto this kinsman of Lazarus the poor man, O Lord, and let your perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

**Eternal rest grant unto Him oh LORD. Let THY perpetual light shine upon Him. May His Soul find its abode in THY Heart sweet JESUS. You were born in a stable, born in the most destitute of conditions, the King of Glory to show us what true riches are. You Yourself once said "Amen, Amen I say to Thee, the Foxes have holes and the birds have nests, but the SON of MAN has nowhere to lay HIS HEAD. You were stripped of Your Garments sweet LORD, so that You could show us that if the SON of GOD would leave this world with nothing of His own, then so must we follow. Please take this child of Yours LORD, and lead him into the riches of everlasting glory in Heaven. Let Him delight in the company of Lazarus and all the Saints who now spend their eternity adoring Their GOD.

COR JESU SACRATISSIMO! MISERERE NOBIS!

COR JESU SACRATISSIMO! EXAUDI NOS!**

**I am touched by this thread. It shows us how as Christians with a high calling and charge, we can and do care for those in society whom the very same society has forgotten about. It is at times like these I can see that Christianity is indeed the truth, the Truth proclaimed in Love. **

RIP

I am praying.

Eternal rest grnat unto him O Lord
may pereptual light shine upon him
and may he rest in peace Amen

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

***Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

:crossrc:***

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let your perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

:bible1:

Praying…

May he finally know the love and acceptance he didn’t
have in life, as he rests in the loving arms of God.

Holy Mother, please intercede for us.
Hold the sorrowful, strengthen the fearful,
give aid to all needing help or healing,
assist those who are sick, in pain or suffering,
be with those needing peace, console the lonely,
comfort the lost or hopeless, guard the unborn,
pray for those who are dying or who have died,
soften those with hardened hearts,
enlighten those who do not yet see truth,
help us be brave enough to let our hurt and anger go,
show us the way to do the right thing,
protect those who are in danger, and guide us from every evil;
may all who keep your sacred commemoration
experience the might of your assistance.
Amen.

Dear Jesus may this former ‘homeless’ person be with you in that Heavenly home Our Father planned for him [and us] since the beginning of time. A home that far exceeds the qualities and magnificence of any earthly estate or penthouse.

Few things make me sadder than things like this.

God rest his soul.

:crossrc:

Father of us all, take into your safety the soul of your beloved son who’s name we do not know.
Forgive him his sins if any and bring him into that eternal bliss
Being poor and homeless we know he was loved by you and near to the Kingdom of God
Please bless him for eternity+
I ask this in the name of your Son our Saviour Jesus Christ.
Amen+

Forgotten no more…
rest in peace…
and perpetual light shine upon him.
Mary.

offering the chaplet of divine mercy.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

:crossrc:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.