For the start of the Year For Priests

As the Year For Priests begins, please join in praying that God will be merciful, gracious and bountiful; sending us many priests, holy priests…

and that all priests who suffer torments or ridicule due to their fidelity to the Church, be held in God’s most powerful graces!

For all deceased priests, especially those who contributed to the formation of our faith and the forgiveness of our sins, during their lifetime.

For all priests who have lost their way or whose faith is under attack by evil…that they may quickly know the mercy of their King and Savior.

And, for the intentions of the Sacred Heart of the one, High Priest - and that His will be done in all things, at all times.

St. John Vianney, pray for them!

Mary, Mother of all priests, protect your beloved sons!

Amen

O my God,
pour out in abundance Thy spirit of sacrifice upon Thy priests.
It is both their glory and duty to become victims,
to be burnt up for souls,
to live without ordinary joys,
to be often the objects of distrust,
injustice and persecution.
The words they say every day at the altar,
“This is my Body, this is my Blood”,
grant them to apply to themselves,
“I am no longer myself,
I am Jesus, Jesus crucified.
I am, like the bread and wine,
a substance no longer itself but by consecration another”.
O my God, I burn with the desire for the sanctification of Thy priests.
I wish all the priestly hands which touch Thee
were hands whose touch is gentle and pleasing to Thee,
that all the mouths uttering such sublime words at the altar
should never descend to speaking trivialities.
Let priests in all their person
stay at the level of their lofty funcions,
let every man find them simple and great,
like the Holy Eucharist,
accessible to all yet above the rest of men.
O my God, grant them to carry with them from the Mass of today
a thirst for the Mass of tomorrow,
and grant them, laden themselves with gifts,
to share these abundantly with their fellow-men.

Amen.

Awesomely beautiful prayer, CarmeliteGirl! It brought tears to my eyes and a flame to my heart! My soul ‘seconds’ your words and intentions! May we never cease to hold our priests in our hearts with love and awe.

thank you :slight_smile:

I can’t take credit for it. I found it off a website and fell in love with it. :smiley:

Prayer for Priests ~ Before the Blessed Sacrament

Lord Jesus, present in the Most Blessed Sacrament, and living perpetually among us through Your Priests, grant that the words of Your Priests may be only Your words, that their gestures be only Your gestures, and that their lives be a true reflection of Your life."

O Jesus, Eternal Priest; keep all Your priests within the shelter of Your Sacred Heart, where none may harm them. Keep unstained their anointed hands which daily touch Your Sacred Body.

Keep unsullied their lips purpled with Your Precious Blood. Keep pure and unearthly their hearts sealed with the sublime marks of Your glorious priesthood. Let Your holy love surround them and shield them from the world’s contagion.

Bless their labors with abundant fruit, and may the souls to whom they have ministered to be their joy and consolation and in Heaven their beautiful and everlasting crown.
O Mary, Queen of the clergy, pray for us; obtain for us many holy priests. Amen

"If the priest knew his dignity, he would die not of fear, but of love!"
- St. John Vianney

awww, I wish I was a priest…:bighanky::bible1:

But as I always say, we needn’t be ordained to spread the good news around! Amen.

I will always root for the followers of our Lord.

You’re in good company, Z - St. Therese, The Little Flower, also wanted to be a priest…as, I suspect, do many men and women who are called by God to other vocations.

Take heart, though…by our Baptism we are ALL members of the royal priesthood of the King of Kings, Jesus!! :slight_smile:

Amen!:bounce:

Praying hard.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus
Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was
conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the
Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius
Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried.
He descended into hell; the third day He
rose again from the dead; He ascended
into heaven, is seated at the right hand of
God the Father Almighty; from thence He
shall come to judge the living and the
dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the
Holy Catholic Church, the communion of
Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the
resurrection of the body, and life
everlasting. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.
:signofcross:

Our God, through Jesus You give Your priest power to minister Your Sacraments. Grant that he may always do so with deep love and faith.

Let those he baptises belong always to You. If at some time in their lives they fail to trust Your love and to share Your gifts, protect them through this time and lead them safely back with renewed faith and obedience to Your will.

Let all who are present at the Eucharist with him truly share in it. Let all who receive Communion through his ministry become aware of the greatness of this gift.

Let those who confess to him find true sorrow and absolution—and let him speak to them out of Your knowledge and love of them.

Let anyone he anoints in sickness and in death be healed in spirit, comforted by Your peace, and absorbed eternally into You through Your divine mercy. Along with the gifts of the Holy Spirit, give to those to whom he administers Confirmation a deep abiding desire to grow in You and the urge constantly to invoke the Spirit’s guidance.

Let all whom he blesses in Matrimony be given strength and wisdom to build and maintain unity in Your faith and love—and may they transmit these gifts to their children.

Let he who is ordained, wholeheartedly fulfil his vows and duties, and Your will for him, so that he may attain the highest degree of service and sanctity possible to him and he may be truly Christ amongst us.

Let all the graces and blessings that You intend to flow from these Sacraments in which Your Priest is instrument, cascade from his ministering, to all persons who partake and behold.

Our God, through Jesus You give each priest power to minister Your Sacraments. Grant that he may always do so with deep love and faith.

Let those he baptises belong always to You. If at some time in their lives they fail to trust Your love and to share Your gifts, protect them through this time and lead them safely back with renewed faith and obedience to Your will.

Let all who are present at the Eucharist with him truly share in it. Let all who receive Communion through his ministry become aware of the greatness of this gift.

Let those who confess to him find true sorrow and absolution—and let him speak to them out of Your knowledge and love of them.

Let anyone he anoints in sickness and in death be healed in spirit, comforted by Your peace, and absorbed eternally into You through Your divine mercy.

Along with the gifts of the Holy Spirit, give to those to whom he administers Confirmation a deep abiding desire to grow in You and the urge constantly to invoke the Spirit’s guidance.

Let all whom he blesses in Matrimony be given strength and wisdom to build and maintain unity in Your faith and love—and may they transmit these gifts to their children.

Let he who is ordained, wholeheartedly fulfil his vows and duties, and Your will for him, so that he may attain the highest degree of service and sanctity possible to him and he may be truly Christ amongst us.

Let all the graces and blessings that You intend to flow from these Sacraments in which Your Priest is instrument, cascade from his ministering, to all persons who partake and behold.

Our Father in Heaven,
holy be Your Name;
Your kingdom come;
Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us;
and lead us not into the test,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

Love and commitment
Our God, for Jesus’ sake You look on Your priest and love him more than human mind can conceive! Through Your Spirit, please transmute his humanity through Your love and unite him with You! Make Your love to be his love, Your thoughts to be his thoughts, Your truth to be his truth, Your ways to be his ways, Your strength to be his strength.

Transform him into a fountain of Your goodness and love, a source of salvation to the whole human spirit of Your people. Fill him with loving-kindness, with peace and faith to share with others.

Ever deepen his contemplation and comprehension of You, and commensurately, his love and service. Intensify his perception and understanding of other human beings.
Deepen his ability to communicate Your gospel to them, and commensurately, his love and service.

Expand in him the gift of opening others’ hearts and minds, so that they become receptive to Your love and teachings. Let others be thus inspired to seek God, rather than concepts of God.

Wherever he goes, whatever he does, whatever he says or preaches, endow Your priest with grace and wisdom to inspire others to love and faith. Empower him to inflame others’ complacency into genuine and faithful practice of Your greatest commandment, of love for You above all and others as self!

Almighty God, make him the saint You mean him to be. With thanksgiving, I offer him to Your merciful love!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.