For the strength to confess an incredibly embarrassing sin

Hi everyone. I went to confession this evening (though I didn’t say for Mass) but I left out a particularly embarrassing sin. I am going to go again to confession tomorrow morning to a church that has confessions before Mass and I am going to reconfess all my sins, including the incredibly embarrassing one. Please pray that I would have the moral and spiritual strength to do this.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I’ve been there…I think many have. You want to so badly, but it just can’t get out.

Jesus give this soul the strength to get out the sin. More importantly give the comfort knowing you blessed priests with forgetfulness regarding sins and so man, if not all they forget. They truly are a vessel we humbly confess in front of, but its truly You who we are confessing to, and you know all and are just waiting for us to let it go and start fresh with You. We look forward to the intense and grrrrrrrreat feeling after confessing everything on our heart, it gives us such peace and joy. I sometimes get the giggles thinking about how much God loves me and hoe just for a moment I’m perfect :slight_smile: Thank you Jesus for Your Dying for us. You are incredible. In Your name we pray.

Almighty and loving savior, send your Holy Spirit to give Holly the courage to make a good confession. Remind her that you are waiting and hoping to shower her with your sweet love and mercy. Assure her that there is nothing she can say that you don’t already know and your priest has heard before. Help her to understand that it does not make any sense to go in the box with one sin and come out with two because holding back is often a sign a pride and a sure sign that the evil one is doing his best to hold on to her soul.

Sweetest Lord, help Holly to know that although none of us are worthy of forgiveness; you pursue us and remain ever close in the hope that we will accept your love and mercy in this beautiful sacrament of confession that allows us to reconcile ourselves to you with assurance.

Heavenly and Holy Mother, pray for your child’s forgiveness.
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for Holly now and at the hour of her death. Amen.

**“Be Not Afraid.”**COLOR=“Red”]:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.