For the unemployed

I work in an unemployment office and it’s going crazy. I feel so sorry for the people I help, yet I have no idea what I can do besides council them on how to receive their benefits legally. I would like to be able to point them to the Church, but I would be quickly out of a job myself. Anyway, what I’m asking for in prayer, is to learn good Spanish for the large Hispanic community I serve. I need to be able to better understand them. I get frustrated sometimes, because I feel like I’m not picking it up quickly enough.

Respectfully,
me:thumbsup:

We need to keep praying not only for the unemployed but for the companies that ended their jobs, especially companies that have sent our jobs overseas. There has to be some way to get regulations on them as someone had mentioned (I forget who, I’m sorry!). They need to be penalized if they participate in offshore outsourcing and they need to be encouraged to keep US workers employed. We need to bring it to our representatives, senators, however it all goes. It’s time we all say enough is enough.

Yes, I understand we don’t own our jobs but how many jobs have been lost in the US and how many times do we have to let this trend go on before demanding it stop? Granted, yeah, I think a lot of it the US brought on itself, I know God is in control. I also think it’s time people demand change.

Breakout: I’m remembering you and the unemployed in my prayers today. :gopray:

p.s.
You can learn Spanish vocabulary words at Free Rice.com, while you are sending rice to feed hungry at the same time. Click on “Change Subjects”, then Spanish under “Language Learning”. Beware, its addictive.:slight_smile:

Praying for the unemployed.

praying

Lifting you and our unemployed up in prayer!

God Bless!

Dios te salve, María, llena eres de gracia,
el Señor es contigo.
Bendita tú eres entre todas las mujeres,
y bendito es el fruto de tu vientre, Jesús.
Santa María, Madre de Dios,
ruega por nosotros, pecadores,
ahora y en la hora de nuestra muerte.
Amen

Thanks a million gang! You all are great. I’m thankful for your consideration in prayer.

Praying very hard for them!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.