For Those Discerning Their Vocation

Prayer For Vocations

Lord, You told us that “The harvest indeed is great but the laborers are few. Pray, therefore, the Lord of the harvest to send laborers into His fields.” We ask You to strengthen us as we follow the vocation to which You have called us. We pray particularly for those called to serve as priests, sisters, brothers and deacons:

Those whom You have called,
Those You are calling now,
Those You will call in the future.

May they be open and responsive to the call of serving Your people. We ask this through Christ, our Lord. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death. Amen

Thank you Heavenly Father for our Priests, whom You have chosen from among us, and sent back to us; may they be blessed as they faithfully serve You. Please help those who are away from You, and running from their calling to serve. Help them to not be fearful, but to remember Your loving kindness and Your mercies. Please bring them back into the fold and help them to live a holy and chaste life. In Jesus holy name. Amen

Prayer For Vocations

Lord, You told us that “The harvest indeed is great but the laborers are few. Pray, therefore, the Lord of the harvest to send laborers into His fields.” We ask You to strengthen us as we follow the vocation to which You have called us. We pray particularly for those called to serve as priests, sisters, brothers and deacons:

May they be open and responsive to the call of serving Your people. We ask this through Christ, our Lord. Amen

Thank you Heavenly Father for our Priests, whom You have chosen from among us, and sent back to us; may they be blessed as they faithfully serve You. Please help those who are away from You, and running from their calling to serve. Help them to not be fearful, but to remember Your loving kindness and Your mercies. Please bring them back into the fold and help them to live a holy and chaste life. In Jesus holy name. Amen

Loving God,

Please hear the persistent prayers of your people in the blessed intention.

Amen.

Vocations: ‘follow me’

Our God, please increase vocations to the priesthood and to religious service that meet generous, faithful commitment.

Let those You call, recognise Your invitation that is felt in questioning moments and is apparent in the needs of the Church and society. Some fail to listen to Your call because they have their own life-plan, and the price of following Yours appears too high. Please assure them that only along the narrow road of prayer and loving service, is found the enduring happiness and peace that they seek.

Give them light to recognise Jesus’ call of ‘follow me’ and generosity and wisdom to consolidate their decision as they seek further direction. Lead them into the apostolate in which You desire to employ their abilities and potential, and grant them fidelity and trust.

Make Christ’s love the reality of their lives, in love that is humble and forgiving, prayerful and self-giving, in love that is perceptive, wise, and detached, in love that is vibrant and grateful.

Dear God, please hear this prayer so that souls will not fall unharvested for lack of worthy labourers. We thank You for the gifts of Your priests and religious to countless generations of Your people

Prayer For Vocations

Prayer For Vocations

Our Father
Hail Mary
Glory Be

Loving God,

Amen.

Prayer For Vocations

Heavenly Father, today I pray for those who are struggling with their vocation and having a hard time following You. Help each of us to encourage and support one another as we strive to follow Your most perfect will for our lives. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Loving God,

Amen.

[FONT=“Verdana”]

In the Name of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.[/FONT]

***The
Anima
Christi

Soul of Christ, sanctify me
Body of Christ, save me
Blood of Christ, inebriate me
Water from Christ’s side, wash me
Passion of Christ, strengthen me
O good Jesus, hear me
Within Thy wounds hide me
Suffer me not to be separated from Thee
From the malicious enemy defend me
In the hour of my death call me
And bid me come unto Thee
That I may praise Thee with Thy saints
and with Thy angels
Forever and ever
Amen ***

You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls, and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty yourself out upon us.
Oh Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of mercy for us. I trust in You!

Prayer For Vocations

***Jesus, Friend of a lonely heart, You are my haven.
You are my peace.
You are my salvation.
You are my serenity in moments of struggle and amidst an ocean of doubts.
Amen ***

My dear Saviour,
I unite all my affections with the affections of Your most loving Heart;
and I offer them, thus united, to Your eternal Father,
and beseech Him in Your name to vouchsafe,
for Your love, to accept them.
Amen.

Prayer For Vocations

Vocations: ‘follow me’

Our God, please increase vocations to the priesthood and to religious service that meet generous, faithful commitment.

Let those You call, recognise Your invitation that is felt in questioning moments and is apparent in the needs of the Church and society. Some fail to listen to Your call because they have their own life-plan, and the price of following Yours appears too high. Please assure them that only along the narrow road of prayer and loving service, is found the enduring happiness and peace that they seek.

Give them light to recognise Jesus’ call of ‘follow me’ and generosity and wisdom to consolidate their decision as they seek further direction. Lead them into the apostolate in which You desire to employ their abilities and potential, and grant them fidelity and trust.

Make Christ’s love the reality of their lives, in love that is humble and forgiving, prayerful and self-giving, in love that is perceptive, wise, and detached, in love that is vibrant and grateful.

Dear God, please hear this prayer so that souls will not fall unharvested for lack of worthy labourers. We thank You for the gifts of Your priests and religious to countless generations of Your people

Lord of the harvest, help us respond generously to the inspirations of your Spirit. Give your Church, for the world of today, many true disciples who will serve as priests, sisters, and brothers, to all people to Christ, and Christ to all people.

"No eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man conceived,
what God has prepared for those who love Him,
God has revealed to us through the Spirit.
For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God…
Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is from God,
that we might understand the gifts bestowed on us by God.
And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit…"
~Pope John Paul II

Prayer For Vocations

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.