For those filling out financial aid forms for colleges

Lord, these forms are long and scary. I worry about making a mistake, getting something wrong or over/underestimating future numbers so that it will end up punishing my child and his goal of obtaining a college education.

You who know all things, know we haven’t been the wise stewards we should have been with money over the years. We’ve made errors and had to learn from our mistakes. Lord, we willingly do without now to make up for mistakes we made but we hope, in your wise goodness you help us get through these forms as we struggle with the emotions and guilt they invoke.

Lord, who created both of us and our child, help us acquire enough aid so that he may attend the college you know to be best for him, and help us to better find the resources to provide our proper share of the cost and to prepare as the next child starts to approach their college journey.

Thank you for the timing that bring together the start of Lent and the filing of these forms so that I can begin work on my lenten mission to fear less, and trust in you more.

I ask for you help in doing so, and thank you for the gifts you have given me.

I pray in the name of your most holy son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Lord, please guide all those seeking financial aid, that they accurately represent themselves and that justice be meted in accord with the Father’s holy will. Lead all these applicants and those helping them ever closer to your Sacred Heart through these pursuits and always. Send angels to guide them and to navigate the perils of this fallen world and remain steadfast on the path of holiness, all the way to the eternal garden of peace. Have mercy, Lord. Our Lady, angels, and saints, pray with us. Amen.

Praying for your intentions.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Amen.

St. Dominic Savio, St. John Bosco, pray for us. May the Holy Spirit guide your hand. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.