For those in the path of Hurricane Harvey

Saint Medard, Saint Scholastica, please intercede for them!

[INDENT]**Prayer to Avert Storms
Father, all the elements of nature obey
Your command. Calm the storms and
hurricanes that threaten us and turn our
fear of Your power into praise of Your
goodness. Grant this through our Lord
Jesus Christ, Your Son, who lives and
reigns with You and the Holy Spirit,
one God, forever and ever. Amen.

:signofcross:

[/INDENT]

I’m praying for them. May God save them all.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Praying for the people in the path of Hurricane Harvey. Praying there will be no loss of life. Praying for the welfare of animals also.

:pray::dove:.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Divine Mercy Chaplet Against Storms

This Chaplet is recommended by Our Blessed Lord Himself as a particularly effective form of prayer for the dying. Whether the Divine Mercy Chaplet is recited by the dying person themselves or by one praying for the dying person, Jesus told St. Faustina that the indulgence or pardon gained is the same.

When I entered my solitude, I heard these words: "At the hour of their death, I defend as My own glory every soul that will say this chaplet; or when others say it for a dying person, the indulgence is the same. When this chaplet is said by the bedside of a dying person, God’s anger is placated, unfathomable mercy envelops the soul, and the very depths of My tender mercy are moved for the sake of the sorrowful Passion of My son. " (811)

But the power and effectiveness of the Divine Mercy Chaplet is also revealed when it is prayed against storms. From St. Faustina’s Diary:

Today I was awakened by a great storm. The wind was raging, and it was raining in torrents, thunderbolts striking again and again. I began to pray that the storm would do no harm, when I heard the words: “Say the chaplet I have taught you, and the storm will cease. I began immediately to say the chaplet and hadn’t even finished it when the storm suddenly ceased, and I heard the words; Through the chaplet you will obtain everything, if what you ask for is compatible with My will.” (1731)

When a great storm was approaching, I began to say the chaplet. Suddenly I heard the voice of an angel: “I cannot approach in this storm, because the light which comes from her mouth drives back both me and the storm.” Such was the angel’s complaint to God. I then recognized how much havoc he was to have made through this storm; but I also recognized that this prayer was pleasing to God, and that this chaplet was most powerful. (1791)

In the evening when I was in my cell, I saw an Angel,the executor of Divine wrath. He was clothed in a dazzling robe, his face gloriously bright, a cloud beneath his feet. From the cloud, bolts of thunder and flashes of lightning were springing into his hands; and from his hand they were going forth, and only then were they striking the earth. When I saw this sign of divine wrath which was about to strike the earth, and in particular a certain place, which for good reasons I cannot name, I began to implore the angel to hold off for a few moments, and the world would do penance. But my plea was a mere nothing in the face of the divine anger. Just then I saw the Most Holy Trinity. The greatness of Its majesty pierced me deeply, and I did not dare to repeat my entreaties. At that very moment I felt in my soul the power of Jesus’ grace, which dwells in my soul. When I became conscious of this grace, I was instantly snatched up before the Throne of God. Oh, how great is our Lord and God and how incomprehensible His holiness! I will make no attempt to describe this greatness, because before long we shall all see Him as He is. I found myself pleading with God for the world with words heard interiorly.
As I was praying in this manner, I saw the Angel’s helplessness: he could not carry out the just punishment which was rightly due for sins. Never before had I prayed with such inner power as I did then. (474)

The words with which I entreated God are these: Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world; for the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us. (475)

This Chaplet is meant for our times.

An ABC news clip early this morning at about 3:00 am Eastern time, almost appeared to be describing a mirror-image of St. Faustina’s words: “The wind was raging and it was raining torrents.”

Back in January 1998 during the ice storm here in Montreal (which also affected Ontario ,northern New York State, a tip of Vermont, and Maine), on a morning when things were looking most dismal, I was in a car with my father and two deacon friends of ours ; in the parking lot of the only fast food place for miles around where we could get coffee.We were grateful to have a bit of gas in the car and for the heat it provided. I asked them if they thought it would be a good idea if we prayed the Divine Mercy Chaplet together - recalling St. Faustina’s success praying against the storm. Within a minute, we began the Chaplet…

Just as we were finishing the final, “Holy God, holy Mighty One, Holy Eternal one, have mercy on us and on the whole world” and had made the sign of the Cross, the sun came out for the first time in weeks . Twenty minutes later, the thick coating of ice on those power lines which were still standing began to melt and fall. It was the turning point of that disaster.
The Divine Mercy Chaplet gives us a chance to avert much - through trust in God’s Mercy. It also gives us the potential to be “first responders” in prayer in times of disaster.

That ABC report had said that hurricane Harvey is now packing winds of 130 mph. To those of us who live in the parts of the world now using the metric system - that translates into winds of roughly 210 kilometers per hour. Power lines are going down. Mass evacuations are under way.

What do you suppose might happen if, we were to pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet daily out of concern for our brothers and sisters in Houston, Texas, all along the Gulf coast, and those affected inland, . . . until things began to normalize ? It seems a much better option than simply looking at all the media reports out of sheer curiosity- doesn’t it.

I’ll be starting my Divine Mercy Chaplet for them somewhere in the vicinity of 7:00 am today,after attending an early morning Mass.

Our Father…Hail Mary x10
Glory Be…Fatima Prayer…Amen!

Divine Mercy Chaplet

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!
O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; He descended into hell; on the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty; from there He will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Praying for the safety & well-being of all in Hurricane Harvey’s path.

:signofcross:

Praying hard for their safety.

Praying also.
Merciful God, please send Your holy Angels to all who need protection and assistance.

Our Father…Hail Mary x10

Remember,
O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that any one who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help or sought thy intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired with this confidence,
I fly unto thee,
O Virgin of virgins my Mother;
to thee do I come,
before thee I stand,
sinful and sorrowful;
O Mother of thy Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in thy clemency hear and answer me.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee;
Blessed art thou among women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Our Father,
who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Our Father…Hail Mary x10

**St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defence against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen…

:angel1:**

:gopray:

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.