For Those Laid Off Today Where I Work as a Temporary Contractor

While it had been whispered about, today was stunning and painful for those who were let go from the place where I’m currently on a temporary assignment as a technical writer.

It’s kind of strange because my job can end any day now especially since the project I was brought in for has now ended. Meanwhile, lots of the older veterans were let go, and I, the newbie, was kept.

Am not sure how many of the people who were laid off today believe in prayer, but I know any prayers you say for them will help.

Thank you in advance for your kindness.

Praying for your intention. God Bless You. Peace.

Dear Lord let all those who have lost their jobs come to You with humble trust. During their doubts, perplexities, and temptations, Jesus, help them. In their hours of loneliness, weariness and trials, Jesus, help them. In the failure of their plans and hopes; in disappointments, troubles and sorrows, Jesus help them. When others fail them, and Your grace alone can assist them, Jesus, help them. When they throw themselves on Your tender love as a Brother and Savior, Jesus, help them. When their heart is cast down by failure to see any good come from their efforts, Jesus, help them. When they feel impatient, and their cross irritates them, Jesus, help them. When they are ill, and their head and hands cannot work and they are lonely, Jesus, help them. Always, in spite of weakness, falls, and shortcomings of every kind, Jesus help them and we know you will never forsake them. Help them to find employment in this time of need.
Amen

Praying with Bible verses from today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Mid-morning reading (Terce) 1 Corinthians 10:24,31 ©
Nobody should be looking for his own advantage, but everybody for the other man’s. Whatever you eat, whatever you drink, whatever you do at all, do it for the glory of God.

Noon reading (Sext) Colossians 3:17 ©
Never say or do anything except in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Afternoon reading (None) Colossians 3:23-24 ©
Whatever your work is, put your heart into it as if it were for the Lord and not for men, knowing that the Lord will repay you by making you his heirs. It is Christ the Lord that you are serving

Praying for all those that lost their jobs today,God help each and everyone to get something right away, keep them from worry. May they know your presence is near…In Jeses Name we pray…Amen Warmly,LynneMarie

oops,!!!,typo ,In Jesus Name we Pray…Amen Warmly,LynneMarie

Lord they have so much anxiety regarding their futures, their families, their security. Please help them to process the shock of their dismissals without falling into depression. Please help them and their families handle the stress of their job losses, without harm to relationships.

Dear Jesus please help the economy of the country and of the world to grow strong again, but without the greed of the few who precipitated such misery to so many people.

I hardly know what to say to you about people finding jobs…what jobs. Jesus if there is a way, please find a way for these multitudes who are and will be out of work around the world because of this greed precipitated crisis

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for you and all who were laid off.

Praying very hard to St. Joseph for all of the unemployed.

I am praying for those let go.

praying for all that lost their jobs today.

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Prayers and Intercessions

God takes care of all whom he has created and redeemed through his Son. We put our trust in him and renew our prayer:
– Lord, you have worked wonders among us.

Lord of compassion, make our hearts pure and guide our steps,
so that we remember what is true, and just, and worthy of love.
For your name’s sake, O God, do not abandon us for ever:
do not let your covenant fade away.
Receive our contrite and humble hearts:
for those who put their trust in you will never be disappointed.
You called us to be prophets in Christ:
may we always proclaim your power.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Lord, be generous with your grace to those who pray to you:
by your power, may they follow your commandments closely,
receive consolation in this present life,
and embrace the joys that are to come.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen.

Being unemployed myself, my heart and prayers go out to these that were laid off…God, please help us …we so desperately love you and follow You and know that this is Your will for us. But please, God, Please help us…You have given us so much to be thankful for and the gift of Your son reminds us daily that we will survive this and get though this by Your Love for us. Help heal our country and the workers with families to care for…In your Holy name we pray…Amen…Diane

My prayers are with you, all the way.

Downtown Chicago is not immune to this. I could be next. Three of my friends’ employers did lay-offs yesterday, resulting in a total of almost 100 jobs lost in an 8-hour period.

I wanted you to know I’ll be particularly remembering you at Mass tomorrow, together with the newly unemployed.
There are just so many, and so much anxiety and loss involved.

Father please forgive the greed of the few who have landed their country in such dire need, and dragged the rest of the world into it. Please bring about quick recovery, Father.

Hail Mary, full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God
pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Prayers being said for those who lost their jobs.

Our Father …
Hail Mary …
Glory Be …

Blessings,
Judi

Thanks to everyone for your immense kindness and charity in praying for me and especially for those laid off this past Wednesday who are in particular need.

:blessyou:

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

Praying for all of you …

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.