For those losing/have lost their spouse/ relationship

Jesus to lose a spouse or a beloved is an excruciating shock and grief like an emotional amputation, and the betrayal that the loss of love signifies can almost destroy and person.The hopes and the realizations, the grief and the regrets can be almost beyond bearing.
Please hold in You heart, each person thus wounded and all affected by the breakup,.

Jesus please be merciful upon these couples and all who have marriage and/or relationship difficulties. Please help those whose marriages;relationships are faltering because of illness, unemployment and stress.

Please help those whose marriages are failing due to lack of communication, or due to infidelity. We ask Your powerful help for these couples and their families. Please send Your Holy Spirit to help them resolve their issues. Please help families to flourish in love and unity and with gospel values.

Please heal those families suffering as consequence of marriage and relationship break-up. Please give them healing and please give them courage and comfort.
Thank You, Jesus

*Dear Jesus, in all our relationships let our love be unconditional. May we seek others’ true good, and affirm each other’s unique preciousness. Even where we cannot detect Your presence in another, grant us faith in Your creative love for them. Grant us Your love and wisdom when we undervalue anyone, but also when anyone attracts us.

To see anyone’s unique value is to acknowledge the goodness of Your Creation and the wonder of Your expression of Yourself in him or her! Grant us serenity and blessing for each other in our trials and in our joys. In Heaven, everyone will be in love with each other—that is, will recognise the wonderful, unique miracle of each other person. Help us to treat each other with love and consideration in this life.*

Jesus I entreat You…Help those who are in danger of deciding to leave a marriage or courtship simply because initial attraction has worn off like gloss. Help them to put aside the prevalent belief gained in media, books, magazines and movies that 'falling out of love" means the end of a relationship. Instead it challenges couples to live according to what Jesus teaches about love. Help them to become aware the God never commanded that we 'fall in love" He only repeatedly tells us to love God above all and to love others as ourselves, faithfully and genuinely even in times of sadness and difficulty.

Very beautiful Trishie.

MEMORARE,
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen

Amen.

(Awesome prayer, Trishie!)

Jesus to lose a spouse or a beloved is an excruciating shock and grief like an emotional amputation, and the betrayal that the loss of love signifies can almost destroy and person.The hopes and the realizations, the grief and the regrets can be almost beyond bearing. Please hold in You heart, each person thus wounded and all who are affected by the breakup and confusion.

Jesus please be merciful upon these couples and all who have marriage and/or relationship difficulties. Please help those whose marriages;relationships are faltering because of illness, unemployment and stress.

Please help those whose marriages are failing due to lack of communication, or due to infidelity. We ask Your powerful help for these couples and their families. Please send Your Holy Spirit to help them resolve their issues. Please help families to flourish in love and unity and with gospel values.

Please heal those families suffering as consequence of marriage and relationship break-up. Please give them healing and please give them courage and comfort.
Thank You, Jesus

*Dear Jesus, in all our relationships let our love be unconditional. May we seek others’ true good, and affirm each other’s unique preciousness. Even where we cannot detect Your presence in another, grant us faith in Your creative love for them. Grant us Your love and wisdom when we undervalue anyone, but also when anyone attracts us.

To see anyone’s unique value is to acknowledge the goodness of Your Creation and the wonder of Your expression of Yourself in him or her! Grant us serenity and blessing for each other in our trials and in our joys. In Heaven, everyone will be in love with each other—that is, will recognise the wonderful, unique miracle of each other person. Help us to treat each other with love and consideration in this life.*

Jesus I entreat You…Help those who are in danger of deciding to leave a marriage or courtship simply because initial attraction has worn off like gloss. Help them to put aside the prevalent belief gained in media, books, magazines and movies that 'falling out of love" means the end of a relationship. Instead it challenges couples to live according to what Jesus teaches about love. Help them to become aware the God never commanded that we 'fall in love" He only repeatedly tells us to love God above all and to love others as ourselves, faithfully and genuinely even in times of sadness and difficulty.

Amen!

Jesus please have great compassion on all those who ask our prayers for their failing or broken marriages and relationships, and upon those whop have no on to turn to for support and prayer.

Jesus to lose a spouse or a beloved is an excruciating shock and grief like an emotional amputation, and the betrayal that the loss of love signifies can almost destroy and person.The hopes and the realizations, the grief and the regrets can be almost beyond bearing.
Please hold in You heart, each person thus wounded and all affected by the breakup,.

Thank You, Jesus

Loving God,

We lift up in prayer our love, support, and intentions for all who struggle in the most important local human relationship in their lives. As our Lord taught us, a man will leave his mother and his father, and will join with with wife, and the two shall become one body. Dear Lord, you are the glue and are the vital life giving Spirit in the middle of each of these Holy marriages. When a person leaves a marriage or fails to treat the other person as a gift from you, this person is doing these things to You as well as their partner. Lord, please help all who struggle in married life to find the true oneness with you and each other; to put aside matters of finances, personal absorption and focus on self, and all excuse making, and to lift up this blessed and sacred relationship to the status and value you place on it, dear Lord. All of us face trials, hardships, challenges, and some valid matters of stress or anxiety that can come between us in our relationships - it is a matter of the degree of hardship and also how we are eached disposed to deal with the challenges in our lives. Please grant each of us in the married state of life to find you in the other person and to express our continued support for the marriage even as we must sometimes try to change some of our behaviors and approaches for the betterment of the relationship, the children, aging parents, or other pressing needs.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, who is the same Lord and Savior yesterday, today, and for all eternity.

Amen.

Praying hard.

Our God, please bless married couples with love, faith, hope, forgiveness, and perseverance. Please guard them and their family relationships against selfishness and injustice, against cruelty and abuse, against misunderstanding and insensitivity. Shield them against impurity and promiscuity.

Please flood families with healing grace when unemployment, and financial pressures threaten to erode family life. Support them where illness or disability threatens to overwhelm their strength and relationships. Encourage and support them when the actions of each other or their children disrupt family peace and unity.

Have mercy on anyone trapped in marriages that lack tenderness and affection. Comfort those who have bitter and critical spouses. Cherish those whose partners do their duty without love. Have pity on those who are controlled by the other’s will or selfish inclinations. Give support to those whose spouses are faithless, and bring forgiveness and constancy into their union.

Please give grace and assistance to those whose marriage relationships are endangered. Grant them perseverance in mutual compassion and communication. Help them to deal wisely with their problems and to allow sufficient relaxation and humour to restore their ability to cope with pressure and anxiety. Please restore marital relationship with love that overcomes all.

Our God please be merciful towards the needs and anxieties of husbands, wives and children in married and family life. Give restoration and courage to afflicted and aggrieved partners and children, and patiently heal them and their relationships through the Spirit. Let love mould them in faith, wisdom and maturity.

In their suffering and in their joys let them grow stronger by trusting in Your grace. In daily struggle and mutual service, let them become more Christlike. Support them through easy times and difficult, with the joy, and peace of true Christian living, so that they witness Your gospel to Church and society.

Please forgive all sins against matrimony. Halt the erosion of respect owed to this Sacrament through various forms of non-Sacramental union.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

Time and time again we see it happen, Jesus, that relationships and marriages are under threat and fail, and our hearts ache with impotent sympathy, in deep understanding of the real suffering it entails, and the helplessness esperienced by the abandoned or rejected partner, and by their children.

Jesus please have great compassion on all those who ask our prayers for their failing or broken marriages and relationships, and upon those who have no on to turn to for support and prayer.

Jesus to lose a spouse or a beloved is an excruciating shock and grief like an emotional amputation, and the betrayal that the loss of love signifies can almost destroy and person.The hopes and the realizations, the grief and the regrets can be almost beyond bearing. Please hold in You heart, each person thus wounded and all affected by the breakup,.

Thank You, Jesus

Praying for this sad state, which I find myself in also. May that God will shower His mercy and consolation on those suffering from this loss.

As your forum name sadly suggests, and when I see it I do remember you in prayer.
Our God please flood, with comfort and strength, those who have lost their spouses through death or marriage breakdown, and resolve their situations with great kindness.

Our God, please bless married couples with love, faith, hope, forgiveness, and perseverance. Please guard them and their family relationships against selfishness and injustice, against cruelty and abuse, against misunderstanding and insensitivity. Shield them against impurity and promiscuity.

Please flood families with healing grace when unemployment, and financial pressures threaten to erode family life. Support them where illness or disability threatens to overwhelm their strength and relationships. Encourage and support them when the actions of each other or their children disrupt family peace and unity.

Have mercy on anyone trapped in marriages that lack tenderness and affection. Comfort those who have bitter and critical spouses. Cherish those whose partners do their duty without love. Have pity on those who are controlled by the other’s will or selfish inclinations. Give support to those whose spouses are faithless, and bring forgiveness and constancy into their union.

Please give grace and assistance to those whose marriage relationships are endangered. Grant them perseverance in mutual compassion and communication. Help them to deal wisely with their problems and to allow sufficient relaxation and humour to restore their ability to cope with pressure and anxiety. Please restore marital relationship with love that overcomes all.

Our God please be merciful towards the needs and anxieties of husbands, wives and children in married and family life. Give restoration and courage to afflicted and aggrieved partners and children, and patiently heal them and their relationships through the Spirit. Let love mould them in faith, wisdom and maturity.

In their suffering and in their joys let them grow stronger by trusting in Your grace. In daily struggle and mutual service, let them become more Christlike. Support them through easy times and difficult, with the joy, and peace of true Christian living, so that they witness Your gospel to Church and society.

Please forgive all sins against matrimony. Halt the erosion of respect owed to this Sacrament through various forms of non-Sacramental union

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Loving God,

We lift up in prayer our love, support, and intentions for all who struggle in the most important local human relationship in their lives. As our Lord taught us, a man will leave his mother and his father, and will join with with wife, and the two shall become one body. Dear Lord, you are the glue and are the vital life giving Spirit in the middle of each of these Holy marriages. When a person leaves a marriage or fails to treat the other person as a gift from you, this person is doing these things to You as well as their partner. Lord, please help all who struggle in married life to find the true oneness with you and each other; to put aside matters of finances, personal absorption and focus on self, and all excuse making, and to lift up this blessed and sacred relationship to the status and value you place on it, dear Lord. All of us face trials, hardships, challenges, and some valid matters of stress or anxiety that can come between us in our relationships - it is a matter of the degree of hardship and also how we are eached disposed to deal with the challenges in our lives. Please grant each of us in the married state of life to find you in the other person and to express our continued support for the marriage even as we must sometimes try to change some of our behaviors and approaches for the betterment of the relationship, the children, aging parents, or other pressing needs.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, who is the same Lord and Savior yesterday, today, and for all eternity.

Amen.

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

I have found comfort in the prayers that have been posted on this thread. May the Lord bless you Trishie and all who have posted here.

Please forgive all sins against matrimony. Halt the erosion of respect owed to this Sacrament through various forms of non-Sacramental union.

Jesus please have great compassion on all those who ask our prayers for their failing or broken marriages and relationships, and upon those who have no one to turn to for support and prayer.

Jesus to lose a spouse or a beloved is an excruciating shock and grief like an emotional amputation, and the betrayal that the loss of love signifies can almost destroy and person.The hopes and the realizations, the grief and the regrets can be almost beyond bearing. The grief comes in waves, sometimes with raw intensity.
Please hold in You heart, each person thus wounded and all affected by relationshipbreakup,.

Thank You, Jesus

Jesus I entreat You…Help those who are in danger of deciding to leave a marriage or courtship simply because initial attraction has worn off like gloss. Help them to put aside the prevalent belief gained in media, books, magazines and movies that 'falling out of love" means the end of a relationship. Instead it challenges couples to live according to what Jesus teaches about love. He repeatedly tells us to love God above all and to love others as ourselves, faithfully and genuinely even in times of sadness and difficulty.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.