For those of you who don't fit into the any religious definition:

What do you consider yourself? There are many varieties of belief and disbelief, where you do fall in?

I am pretty much a cultural Eastern Catholic. I’m not so sure what I believe about god or if there really is one. The days when I am more open to there being on, I incline more toward a deist view. If he exists, he sure doesn’t seem to be going out of his way to take much attention to what goes on in the world. And I’ve never seen much evidence that he ever has. Other days, I’m more inclined to believe there isn’t a god.

I’m a natural pantheist. It is a non-theistic faith, I acknowledge and revere the Universe (as a whole, I don’t worship it’s bits and pieces) and take it as it presents itself without assigning “personal” traits to it.

cheddarsox

About 4 months ago I realized that I could only make the statement:

I believe in a Benevolent Divinity.
I believe in reiki.

The rest of it (church, Jesus, etc), I just don’t know. Not enough to make a statement. I find great wisdom in the Tao Te Ching and some of the writings of Merton, C.S. Lewis, Anthony De Mello, and the gospels.

I find Divinity in my experiences with yoga, labyrinths, community, love, children, meditation, and reiki.

I’m honestly still trying to figure it all out. After being Catholic for so long, not having the Church there to tell me all the answers is, well strange.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.