For those who feel so down..this one's for you

I was once full of fear, worries, hatred…list goes on. One day, I went to a bookshop, hoping to find a book I could read just to keep me busy and to somehow avoid from thinking negative thoughts because I am aware that it’s not healthy to my mind and body. The Lord directed me to this very wonderful book by DALE CARNEGIE “HOW TO STOP WORRYING AND START LIVING.” I consider it one of my priceless possessions because it helped me a whole lot and I am sharing some things I have learned. I hope it will help you the way it helped me.

Let’s fill our minds with thoughts of peace, courage, health and hope, for "our life is what our thoughts make it"
Let’s never try to get even with our enemies because if we do, we will hurt ourselves far more than we hurt them
Instead of worrying about ingratitude, let’s expect it. Let’s remember that Jesus helped ten lepers one day and only one thanked Him. Why should we expect more gratitude than Jesus got?
Count your blessings–not your troubles
Let’s not imitate others. Let’s find ourselves and be ourselves for “envy is ignorance” and "imitation is suicide"
When fate hands us a lemon, let’s try to make a lemonade. Let’s not drown ourselves in sadness and hatred when problems arise. There’s always a solution and we will definitely learn from all these problems and it will strengthen us. BE POSITIVE!
Let’s forget our own unhappiness–by trying to create a little happiness for others. “WHEN YOU ARE GOOD TO OTHERS, YOU ARE BEST TO YOURSELF!”

OH LORD I LOVE MY LIFE…THANK YOU VERY MUCH…GOD IS SOOOO GOOD!!!

NOODLES

I remember reading that book years ago…
Remembering how sad and lonely you were months ago, I’m delighted to see you positive and happy.
Indeed, in Matthew 22:39 "Jesus said, ‘Love your neighbor as you love yourself’.
I ask the Lord to continue to help your grow in love, faith, and joy.
God bless you for sharing your discoveries and your joy with others.

thanks trishie… God bless you!

noodles

Praising God for His bountiful goodness, and thanks for sharing your story

Imitation of Christ is Christian life.

I wouldn’t read this book, personally. The devil always uses a great good in oder to confuse men with a little evil. And little evils, when added up, make a greater evil, just as many pebbles can make a mountain.

HI!

Imitating Christ is what we really need to do because Christ is the best example for us to have meaningful lives and to live according to God’s word. Dale Carnegie was not pertaining to Christ when he wrote “others” in his book…It was all explained there…
Thank you Eucharisted for that comment because I want to correct that point coz i dont want our bros and sis to think that I am sharing thoughts against Christ.

noodles

Amen…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.