For those who (sometimes) struggle wth faith

I believe, Lord. Help the little faith I have.” [Mark 9:25]
You believe because you have seen me. Happy are those who have not seen and yet believe.” [John 20:25] “Do not be afraid, only have faith.” *“Everything is possible for anyone who has faith.” *[Mark 5:36, 9:24

*If anyone makes requests of God, “who gives to all freely and ungrudgingly; it will be given to him. But he must ask with faith, and no trace of doubt, because a person who has doubts is like waves thrown up in the sea when the wind drives.” [James 1:5-6]
If anyone has “faith in God…with no hesitation in his heart, but believing that what he says will happen, it will be done for him: I tell you therefore: everything you ask and pray for, believe that you have it already and it will be yours.” [Mark 11:24]

O God, I humbly implore…
In my lack of trust, let me live faith.
In my disappointment, let me live hope.
In my bleakness, let me live joy.
In the emptiness of my heart, let me live love.
In my deprivations, let me value what is precious before You.
In my weakness and illness, grant me spiritual health.
In my anger and resentment, let me live generosity and forgiveness.
In my detachment, let me live community.
In the difficulties of commitment, let me be dedicated.
In my failures, let Your Spirit bless and heal.
In my successes, let Your will be served.
In human reality, let me live spiritual wisdom.
In maturity, let me become true child of the Father.
In my individuality, let me live in Eucharistic communion.
In the kind and warm things that I try to do, let Your grace flow.
In the confusion of my life, in my striving and good intentions
—regardless of my doubts, mistakes and infirmities, let me fully live Your will in vibrant, humble trust.

Amen. Thank you Trishie for the very relevant biblical quotes on faith and for the beautiful prayer of faith.

[James 1:5-6]
If anyone has “faith in God…with no hesitation in his heart, but believing that what he says will happen, it will be done for him: I tell you therefore: everything you ask and pray for, believe that you have it already and it will be yours.” [Mark 11:24]

O God, I humbly implore…
—regardless of my doubts, mistakes and infirmities, let me fully live Your will in vibrant, humble trust.

Amen

[James 1:5-6]

O God, I humbly implore…

Amen.

Amen.

• “A blessing on the individual who puts his trust in the Lord, with the Lord for his hope. He is like a tree by the waterside that thrusts its roots to the stream.” *[Jeremiah 17:7-8] “*Only faith can guarantee the blessing that we hope for, or prove the existence of the realities that at present remain unseen. It is by faith that we understand that the world was created by one word from God.” *[Hebrews 11:1-3]

“Whoever walks in darkness and has no light in him, let him trust in the name of the Lord, let him lean on his God.” [Isaiah 50:10] “He put his faith in God, and this faith was considered as justifying him.” [Genesis 15:6]
Faith is like that: if good works do not go with it, it is quite dead.” [James 2:20, 13, 17] “His commandments are these: that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ and that we love one another. Whoever keeps these commandments lives in God and God lives in him.” [1John 3:2-3]

Our God I believe that You watch over all that You create. Please grant that I trust You completely, regardless of any circumstance in my life or in others’ lives.

Please give me wisdom and grace not rely on my good works, prayers, or penance. I will therefore not be discouraged by my frailties, temptations or infidelities. I trust only in Your merciful love.

Our God, You desire that we live in joy and peace.
However, joy and peace cannot survive without trust, hope and gratitude.
Ingratitude begets sin now, just as surely as in the Garden of Eden.
Grant us hope, trust and gratitude in both joy and sorrow.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen

I] “A blessing on the individual who puts his trust in the Lord, with the Lord for his hope. He is like a tree by the waterside that thrusts its roots to the stream.” [Jeremiah 17:7-8] “*Only faith can guarantee the blessing that we hope for, or prove the existence of the realities that at present remain unseen. It is by faith that we understand that the world was created by one word from God.” *[Hebrews 11:1-3]

“Whoever walks in darkness and has no light in him, let him trust in the name of the Lord, let him lean on his God.” [Isaiah 50:10] “He put his faith in God, and this faith was considered as justifying him.” [Genesis 15:6]
Faith is like that: if good works do not go with it, it is quite dead.” [James 2:20, 13, 17] “His commandments are these: that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ and that we love one another. Whoever keeps these commandments lives in God and God lives in him.” [1John 3:2-3]

Our God I believe that You watch over all that You create. Please grant that I trust You completely, regardless of any circumstance in my life or in others’ lives.

Please give me wisdom and grace not rely on my good works, prayers, or penance. I will therefore not be discouraged by my frailties, temptations or infidelities. I trust only in Your merciful love.

Grant us hope, trust and gratitude in both joy and sorrow.

Thy Kingdom come,
Give us this day our daily bread;

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now

Our God, I joyfully bless You for all people of faith throughout the centuries! I bless You for those who never doubt Your love and action! I bless You for those who never reproach You for Your mysterious ways! I honour You for those who live in humble joyful harmony with Your will. I praise You for the multitudes of saints! I honour You for those who live in Your love even though they do not believe in You.

Our God, we ask pardon for doubts and anxieties that indicate a lack of “perfect love which casts out all fear”. Grant us buoyant faith that You bring all things to good! I wish we never feared that You are less vigilant than we desire for our loved ones, and for anyone in need. Like Job, weask Your forgiveness and enlightenment for our doubts.

Take our “heart of stone” and fill it with tenderness, courage, and love. Revive our joy and hope so that we reveal Your face to others. Draw to Yourself all our dear ones and everyone for whom we should intercede.

Delight Yourself in us by the trust and goodness, the humility and grace that You nurture within us. Thereby may we fulfil Your will and dream in our lives, to the glory of Your merciful love.

Thy Kingdom come,
Give us this day our daily bread;

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now

Isaiah says, “I was thinking: ‘I have toiled in vain, I have exhausted myself for nothing.’ And all the while my cause was with God, my reward with my God.” [Isaiah 49:3-4]

Trust in hardship

Jesus, in this era, many people are unaware of themselves as loved children of God redeemed by Jesus and destined for eternal joy. There is growing immorality in social attitudes and increased diversity of illness. Then, amongst good and appropriate treatments for these problems, there are an expanding number of unethical responses.

There are mounting personal, family and social pressures, alienations and separations. Families and individuals suffer ordeals and tragedies. Help us to trust God’s mercy in all these things.

Many people lose their ability to trust through abuse in childhood, or later through unfaithful spouses, disloyal friends, or untrustworthy colleagues. Please help them to grow past their injuries into trust. Let them experience kindness and love that promotes healing. Help them to grow in self-esteem and confidence with others.

Give us trust that You continually offer us forgiveness and love. Open our hearts to the mercy that You desire to flood into our lives. Give us trust that Your love for our dear ones will protect and lead them to heaven. Do not allow us to let the clouds of this life deceive us. The Sun of Your Mercy burns ever brightly above all clouds! We offer praise and thanksgiving to Your merciful love for us!

“Let us not grow weary in well-doing, for in due season we shall reap, if we do not lose heart.” (Galatians 6:9) 1999

Although we have may difficulty in seeing divine action within ourselves, we have a God whose “strength does not lie in numbers, nor Your might in violent men, since You are God of the humble, the help of the oppressed, the support of the weak, the refuge of the forsaken, the saviour of the despairing.” [Judith 9:14-16]

Thy Kingdom come,
Give us this day our daily bread.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,

I believe, Lord. Help the little faith I have.” [Mark 9:25]
You believe because you have seen me. Happy are those who have not seen and yet believe.” [John 20:25] “Do not be afraid, only have faith.” *“Everything is possible for anyone who has faith.” *[Mark 5:36, 9:24

*If anyone makes requests of God, “who gives to all freely and ungrudgingly; it will be given to him. But he must ask with faith, and no trace of doubt, because a person who has doubts is like waves thrown up in the sea when the wind drives.” [James 1:5-6]

O God, I humbly implore…

Amen. :gopray:

PRAYER FOR FAITH
POPE PAUL VI

Lord, I believe:
I wish to believe in Thee.
Lord, let my faith be full and unreserved,
and let it penetrate my thought,
my way of judging Divine things and human things.
Lord, let my faith be joyful
and give peace and gladness to my spirit,
and dispose it for prayer with God
and conversation with men,
so that the inner bliss of its fortunate possession
may shine forth in sacred and secular conversation.
Lord, let my faith be humble and not presume
to be based on the experience of my thought and of my feeling;
but let it surrender to the testimony of the Holy Spirit,
and not have any better guarantee than in docility to Tradition
and to the authority of the magisterium of the Holy Church.

Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.
Amen.

• “A blessing on the individual who puts his trust in the Lord, with the Lord for his hope. He is like a tree by the waterside that thrusts its roots to the stream.” *[Jeremiah 17:7-8] “*Only faith can guarantee the blessing that we hope for, or prove the existence of the realities that at present remain unseen. It is by faith that we understand that the world was created by one word from God.” *[Hebrews 11:1-3]

Please grant us hope, trust and gratitude in both joy and sorrow.

PRAYER FOR FAITH
POPE PAUL VI

Lord, I believe:
I wish to believe in Thee.
Lord, let my faith be full and unreserved,
and let it penetrate my thought,
my way of judging Divine things and human things.
Lord, let my faith be joyful
and give peace and gladness to my spirit,
and dispose it for prayer with God
and conversation with men,
so that the inner bliss of its fortunate possession
may shine forth in sacred and secular conversation.
Lord, let my faith be humble and not presume
to be based on the experience of my thought and of my feeling;
but let it surrender to the testimony of the Holy Spirit,
and not have any better guarantee than in docility to Tradition
and to the authority of the magisterium of the Holy Church.

Amen.

Our God, we pray to You for others and ourselves, and sometimes it seems, if only for a time, a time of awful pain and loneliness, that no one is listening, that You are not there.

Many have turned away, disappointed and bitter, that You have not answered their urgent prayer, their painful need for self and for others. There is no satisfactory human answer to their challenge, whatever one might say of Your ways, Your time, because their anguish or their anger is the reality they experience.

Dear God, You need no reminder, but our humanness leads me to remind You that we are human in our minds and hearts and bodies. We have little or no actual sense or knowledge of ourselves as spirit. If You do not touch us as human beings living in a physical world that we acutely experience, then they may lose faith and hope in You. I pray for them with all my heart and life.

O silent God let us hear Your voice in the words of others, and let us be Your love spoken to them. Yet may I ask that You also speak directly to their hearts and minds with unmistakeable Love even where we cannot detect the action of Your Spirit in ourselves or in others.

Please be mindful of our needs, and nurture us as we pray and seek Your healing and care. Embrace all who have lost their hope in God and prayer.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.