For those with anxiety to find trust in God

Hi everyone,
I have been noticing some prayer requests about people having anxiety. I recently made a prayer request here about anxiety regarding traveling to visit a friend. I have been focusing a lot of my prayer on finding relief from anxiety and also being able to help others who have anxiety or anxiety disorders. I have started a new novena to Mary, Untier of Knots, for help with my anxiety and also for all people who suffer extreme anxiety. While praying the Rosary for this intention today, I was thinking about the mystery of Jesus’ Agony in the Garden. Jesus being fully human, fully experienced possibly the worst form of anxiety possible. As He was praying in the Garden thinking about what He was about to go through in His passion, He became so anxious and troubled that He literally sweat blood. His anxiety was so bad that He actually asked His Father if maybe He could save humanity some other way, without so much pain and suffering. But in the end He accepted His mission and trusted God to get Him through it completely.
When I think about Jesus going through this severe anxiety, the things I was worried about don’t seem at all bad by comparison. So I hope that maybe by contemplating Jesus Agony in the Garden, we might be comforted to know that when we feel anxiety, Jesus knows what it feels like. He suffered extreme anxiety with us and for us. And while Jesus own best friends fell asleep while He was suffering, Jesus does not fall asleep while we suffer. Jesus is right there with us as we feel anxiety or panic. He is available to us in prayer. He knows what we are going through, and He knows better than we do how much we are suffering with anxiety disorders. So I wanted to just ask for prayers for those of us who suffer anxiety, especially extreme forms of it or anxiety disorders, that all of us find Jesus with us when we are scared, troubled, nervous, or panicking. That we all know Jesus is there with us, helping us get through the anxiety and that He is not sleeping. He is there with us, helping us find what we need to get through whatever is making us anxious.
Thank you for any prayers for this intention. I of course ask for prayers for myself, but also for everyone else who suffers anxiety, panic attacks, paranoia, etc.
God bless you all. Amen.

5 Likes

Praying for those (and yourself op) with these issues :pray:t2:

1 Like

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

†

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

†

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

†

Prayer to Our Lady of Mental Peace

O Lady of Mental Peace,

Mother of Tranquility

and Mother of Hope,

look upon Those with anxiety in this time

of weakness and unrest.

Teach her searching heart

to know that God’s Love

for her is unchanging and

unchangeable, and, that

true human love can only

begin and grow by touching

His Love.

Let your gentle Peace -

which this world cannot give

• be always with her.

And, help her to bring this

same Peace into the lives

of others.

Our Lady of Mental Peace,

• Pray for us!

Amen.

Dear Lord please guide all who are anxious to the best practical ways to counteract anxiety…
and please flood them with peace.

Such a beautiful and powerful prayer…prayed with you and offered a prayer for you. GOD bless.

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of death.

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits, who prowl through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Christ with me,

Christ before me,

Christ behind me,

Christ in me,

Christ beneath me,

Christ above me,

Christ on my right,

Christ on my left,

Christ when I lie down,

Christ when I sit down,

Christ when I arise,

Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,

Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,

Christ in every eye that sees me,

Christ in every ear that hears me.

I arise today

Through a mighty strength, the invocation of the Trinity,

Through belief in the Threeness,

Through confession of the Oneness

of the Creator of creation.

Memorare

Remember,
O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help,
or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence,
I fly unto thee,
O Virgin of virgins,
my mother; to thee do I come,
before thee I stand,
sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love.
2 Timothy 1:7

1 Like

For those with doubts…
Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be…AMEN.

1 Like

Dear Lord please guide all who are anxious to the best practical ways to counteract anxiety, and please flood them with healing and peace.
Mother Mary please pray for all who are suffering from stress and anxiety that God will bless them with trust and peace.

For trust,
Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, Amen…

Holy Spirit, give us Your Peace that is beyond understanding. Guard our hearts. Jesus, while our little boat is being tossed about, let us trust You to calm our inner storms.

St Michael…

t-16260-694-01-01

For trust in God…
Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, Amen!

That you and all who suffer from anxiety including those who carry the heavy cross of scrupulosity, may they be filled with peace and grow in trusting the Lord. May God relieve them of this trial. Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee, blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

t-16260-694-01-01

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.