For trust of others

Please forgive me Jesus. And thank you for leading me to the truth… in your mysterious ways. Please pray I will forget my past from all the hurt I have endured from others. I pray this person will forgive me.

how could I…this person brought me to the truth. Please forgive me.

I am praying with you

May Jesus help you carry your cross. May God bless your family.

May our forgiving and loving Father bless you with the forgiveness your heart is seeking. :signofcross:

It’s so hard when we want someone to forgive us. I’m sorry for the pain you feel. At least to *give *forgiveness we have some control, it our decision, but the reverse is so painful.

I don’t doubt that Jesus has forgive your sincere heart. I ask Him to help you to feel His embrace…if even through us.

There’ve been times I’ve longed for someone’s forgiveness, like when I wrote this…

Blessing and forgiveness
I forgive you, anyone who ever hurts or judges me. Will you forgive me? Will you forgive my faults that annoy you? Will you forgive what I am or what you judge me to be? Will you forgive my kindly meant mistakes?

In spirit, I kneel to ask forgiveness for good intentions gone awry. Perhaps you will not forgive or perhaps you will never inform me if you do forgive, yet I mean only kindness to others and to you. If I lose your friendship, I still love and pray for you and those with you.

Some day I will die and never again make mistakes that cause others hurt. I take comfort that those who cannot forgive or understand my motives must do so then. Until then your judgements of me — as the person, you deem me or the wrong you believe of me—remain until God who loves us can speak some kindness and perhaps even some truth in your heart for me.

“I bless you. I bless your thoughts and feelings. I bless your family, I bless your ventures, and I bless your life.” The power of those words is God’s not mine. I only bless you in God’s name, for He loves you profoundly.

I forgive you, where there are things to forgive even if you never acknowledge them and or do not value me even enough to see them. How can I blame you? I place you in God’s care and ask His threefold blessing for you. 1999-05

Dear Mother Mary, you surely felt devastated when you heard the children of other mothers were slaughtered because you gave birth to Jesus. Please intercede that I never be cause of hurt to anyone because of misunderstanding or the ill will of others.

One of the times my husband left me.
I only continue to post again because I do understand, and your sorrow and pain is so real to me. I know what you said in your earlier thread. You speak so humbly and simply, and I wanted you to know I do feel understanding and maybe by giving you my words you know you’re understood. I know that others do this more simply, but sometimes other people’s songs speak for us when we’re heart-broken, so maybe others’ words do sometimes too.

In failure
Jesus, I put my trust in the apparent failure of the Cross, for You are condemned to a criminal’s execution and it seems that Your mission has failed, You who alone could redeem humanity.

Who can accept that it is God-incarnate whose sweat and blood drips into the dust, from Your drained, dishonoured body! Yet Your human cry of abandonment by the Father is belied by the triumph of love and faith in Your final confident submission. You die, but You have not betrayed the Father’s trust.

**Jesus, to my sadness, I fail in many ways and sin against others by my failures. Have I betrayed Your will or mistaken Your purpose? Will You restore me to grace now, Jesus? To do what? Will You show me? Will You fuse together the broken pieces—of my life, of my service—to make a new and better creation? Am I to step around the fragments and to pass another way? **

I ask to walk with certainty along the path of holiness that You choose uniquely for me. If not, then please allow me the certainty of buoyant faith. I ask courage to continue through the enveloping fog, trusting each small moment to the illumination of faith and grace.

Jesus out of my failure and sorrow You will bring healing and goodness luminescent as priceless pearls grown around grains of suffering, for Your glory, and for others’ remedy and blessing. July 1981

I only continue to post again because I do understand, and your sorrow and pain is so real to me. I know what you said in your earlier thread. You speak so humbly and simply, and I wanted you to know I do feel understanding and maybe by giving you my words you know you’re understood. I know that others do this more simply, but sometimes other people’s songs speak for us when we’re heart-broken, so maybe others’ words do sometimes too.

Forgiveness

How to ask forgiveness–
when one should have understood in gentle, forgiving silence?
Too much said instead, forfeiting trust, fracturing relationship,
betraying kindnesses and truths entrusted and shared.

Repentant heart–seeing so much
that could wound another beneath words spoken
or behind misjudgement or inappropriate deed
longs to embrace the other but can find no way.
Too many misapprehensions hold us apart.

I pray for a holy smile to break through
flaming from heart to heart
to consume misunderstanding, sin and pain.
Until then, heart must wait in humble sadness and silence
Am I alone in poignant sense of loss?

I hurt whom I love–I who also am wronged,
because you cannot see how truly I love you.
But Lord, please touch and heal us!
Make us become sacrament of Yourself,
hearts purified, maturing in reciprocal love.

We neither of us intended hurt
Yet we caused each other pain…
My Love, please forgive me.
I forgive you. 1981

I don’t know if this is of any use, but I wrote it when there needed to be mutual forgiveness. Knowing you are so sad, it’s hard to know how to help, but I will pray more for you. You express your state well, in the simple words you use. They say so much to me. My husband came back, but divorce is slower in my country so it gives people more time. You have to wait around a year before you can apply for divorce. I ask Jesus to give you the best outcome from all you are going through. Jesus please if it’s possible in any way, let hope not be lost for this relationship.

Forgiveness
How to ask forgiveness–
when one should have understood in gentle, forgiving silence?
Too much said instead, forfeiting trust, fracturing relationship,
betraying kindnesses and truths entrusted and shared.

Repentant heart–seeing so much
that could wound another beneath words spoken
or behind misjudgement or inappropriate deed
longs to embrace the other but can find no way.
Too many misapprehensions hold us apart.

I pray for a holy smile to break through
flaming from heart to heart
to consume misunderstanding, sin and pain.
Until then, heart must wait in humble sadness and silence
Am I alone in poignant sense of loss?

I hurt whom I love–I who also am wronged,
because you cannot see how truly I love you.
But Lord, please touch and heal us!
Make us become sacrament of Yourself,
hearts purified, maturing in reciprocal love.

We neither of us intended hurt
Yet we caused each other pain…
My Love, please forgive me.
I forgive you. 1981

I am praying

Onelife1,

We are all sinners and therefore we are all in need of forgiveness. As we forgive others, He will forgive us.

Praying the Lord’s Prayer for you so that His will may be done in your life.

Praying!

God Blessyou! you have a big heart!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.