For two new Deacons: June 13

Friends,

Two excellent friars from the young Canadian community of the Franciscans of Halifax are approaching the sacred priesthood.

Br. James of the Cross & Br. Christopher of the Immaculate Heart of Mary will be ordained to the transitional Diaconate by Archbishop Anthony Mancini of the Archdiocese of Halifax-Yarmouth on the Feast of St. Anthony of Padua.

I will be offering them to the Sacred Heart of Jesus on the Friday before their ordination, so please pray that Litany for them if you can. Don’t forget St. Stephen & St. Anthony either!

This thread will be updated every day with prayers. Please join me and the whole archdiocese in petitions for their sanctification & fruitful ministry! :slight_smile:

Praying for them.

Thank you, 244Rocket.

St. Francis of Assisi, pray for them!
St. Hilary of Viterbo, pray for them!
St. Stephen, pray for them!

All you holy deacons… :slight_smile:

Will definitely do!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

PATER NOSTER,
qui es in caelis,
sanctificetur nomen tuum.
Adveniat regnum tuum.
Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra.
Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie,
et dimitte nobis debita nostra
sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris.
Et ne nos inducas in tentationem,
sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

May the mysteries we receive in the Holy Communion of the sacred Body and precious Blood of Christ your Son help us, O Lord - and through the intercession of blessed Stephen your Martyr, establish all deacons, past, present, and future, with your everlasting protection!

Heart of Jesus, holy temple of God, have mercy on us and on your servants: candidates and deacons throughout the world!

Heart of Jesus, Son of the Eternal Father, have mercy on us.
Father of mercy and love, grant them the grace to hear your call, the courage to pursue your ways, and the faith to grow in your love.

Christ the Servant, open their hearts that they may be attentive to your signs as you lead them on our journey of service.

Most Holy Spirit, send forth the fire of your love and transform them into Christ the Servant: as heralds of your Word, servants at Your Table, and ministers of Charity.

Blessed Trinity, help them to follow in the footsteps of Christ, that they may seek to serve and not be served. *

Boy, that last part is Greek to me!

Lord, Jesus Christ, please give special graces to these two new Deacons, that they remain faithful to their orders, energetic in their services, and fervent in their ministries. Amen.

Sorry about the Greek - that’s my signature, not part of the prayers… though… what a good idea for a prayer! :slight_smile:

O Bread of Life!
O Light of the World!
Our Door!
Our Good Shepherd!
Our Resurrection and our Life!
The Way and the Truth and the Life!
The True Vine!

Before Abraham was, you were truly God, and forever the great “I AM”!

Have mercy on those to be ordained deacons, especially in the upcoming Pentecost season! Have mercy, Lord! Pour out your Spirit upon them!

Amen

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Praying for them!

Heart of Jesus, pierced by the lance: have mercy on us.

You, our holy God incarnate, Jesus Christ, were pierced for our sins, wounded for our transgressions, and bruised for our iniquities! You who have redeemed the world and raised mankind by the Resurrection and Ascension: have mercy on us!

Lord, remember your deacons: candidates and ordained, across the world. When they are pierced for their faith, and burdened by their ministry of service to the Church, strengthen them by the merits of your Holy Passion, and send your Spirit to renew them!

May the beating of your Sacred Heart provide life-blood for all deacons…

Lord, pour out your grace and mercy on these candidates, and all candidates for the diaconate in the next days…

Pour out your Spirit upon all deacons and candidates for the diaconate, Holy God. May their service at the holy altar be ever-pleasing to you, Lord.

Happy Solemnity to the World… :slight_smile:

Heavenly Father, who blessed St. Bernardine of Siena with the diaconate before making him a holy priest; grant, we beseech you, the grace of loving the Holy Name of Jesus to all deacons and candidates for the diaconate! Through the same Lord! Amen.

Through the prayers of that great Franciscan, who loved your Son to the end, may these brothers inherit everlasting life. Amen!

Glory Be…

Our Father…

For all deacons to be ordained in these upcoming Ember Days…

Praise God for the gift of deacons! May He be glorified in His dedicated candidates and hard-working clergy!

Keep all the clergy as the apple of your eye, Lord. Hide them in the shadow of your wings. Guide, protect, and save!

Glory to you, Holy Almighty God; glory to you, most holy Son of God, Jesus Christ; glory to you, holy and life-giving Spirit - now, and forever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.