For two older kitties who need homes!

My grandma is moving from NC to AZ, into a retirement community. She has two kitties who have been with her for many many years (they are both about 10-12 years old), and she can not take them with her. They are inside/outside kitties, and she is only allowed a totally indoor pet. They both have their claws but have been spayed and neutered.

She is moving next week and we are desperately trying to find homes for them but are not having any luck.

Please pray that we find homes for them, so grandma does not have to worry about them.

(She is in the Rocky Mount area if anyone has any leads)

Prayers for Elsie and Tino please. :frowning:

~Liza

Hail Mary, full of grace the Lord is with thee blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Thank you Duffyo7. :slight_smile:

~Liza

Praying

Will pray that you find home for the kitties and that your grandma will not be concerned about them…
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_14_4.gifJMJ
St Francis of Assisi please pray for them

I have done cat welfare work and fostering for a group that handles many such cases - everyone wants kittens and seems to have this mindset that older animals don’t adapt, which is not so.

Will pray for your situation.

(The group I worked with had a special programme for matching older cats with older people who don’t want a baby animal who might outlive them - maybe there’s something similar in your area?)

Thank you, St. Frances!!!

The kitties have a wonderful new home!!

I spoke with grandma today, and while she is extremely sad to be loosing her kitties (who are actually both 9 and 10 years old, mother and son), she is so happy that they are going to a home of five children, on a rural farm!!! :smiley:

The family gave her a photo of all them them, the children range from 10 to 21, some no longer at home, but they live in a lovely home out in the country, on a farm, and the kitties will be able to stay together.

I am so very grateful for all the prayers!!

Thanks be to God - and St. Frances!!!

~Liza

Wonderful. I’m sure they will love their new country home!!

Great news Liza - thank you for the update. Will pray that your grandma will not miss her kitties too much and will quickly heal of sadnesss and with the knowledge they have really gone to a lovely and loving home…
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_14_5.gifDeo Gratius!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.