For Unborn Child - Choroid Plexus Cyst

I just wanted to post a note and ask for prayers. We are pregnant with our 4th child (another boy!) and my wife is 36 so they wanted to do a more invasive ultrasound.

While we were there everything looked good, she has already had an AFP test which came back normal then the Doctor came in an said that the baby had a CPC (Choroid Plexus Cyst). I had seen the black spot in the brain on the ultrasound (there was only 1 and it wasn’t huge) but didn’t know what it was.

He went into a lot of statistics which at first were confusing. As I was able to catch up things didn’t make a lot of sense. The bottom line was that he came back an suggested that the baby could have a genetic abnormality. He was talking Downs syndrome but none of the other genetic markers were there. Then we got home and started looking on the net and CPCs are more a marker for Trisomy 18 (Edwards) but there were none of those physical markers either.

In the end he said… well truthfully you guys are at no higher risk than anyone else but I wanted you to know the numbers.

Uh? What does that mean? We hope to ask our OB in the next couple of days but are worried sick, we both work and have three wonderful little boys that need our attention and love.

Would you guys please say a prayer for us that everything be ok with our unborn child and that God give us the grace we need to focus on our tasks at hand?

Sincerely,
Joe

Dear Joe - First of all, my prayers are being offered at this moment for you, your wife, your unborn son and your other children. Please don’t panic, but put it all in God’s hands and ask that He prepare you for whatever he gives you. Trisomy 18 is difficult - I have two sisters that had Trisomy 18 births. I know the unknown is the most difficult thing to deal with. Know that I will keep you in my prayers and forward this to my sisters who will keep you in prayer also.

+JMJTJ+

Joe, you will be in my prayers for peace and strength, and the miracle of a healthy baby.

With God all things are possible.
Your little one is in HIS Hands.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

God bless you +

With my prayers for all of you. - Joe

Jesus I ask Your special care of Joe’s little boy. Please don’t let the doctor continue unnecessarily scare these good parents. Please resolve and heal any issues with this little baby and bless this family with peace. Thank You, Jesus

LORD Jesus
Heal Ur Children.

On my prayer list-May the Lord bless you with His grace, mercy and the peace that passes understanding…

Thank you everyone! We hope to find out more tomorrow or Friday from our OB once he gets the results from the other Dr.

I’m certain that your prayers with ours and others He will bring us through this.

Sincerely,
Joe

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
AMEN

My prayers are with you and your wife during these stressful days.:slight_smile:

Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Prayers promised

praying…

kate

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.