For Widows/Widowers & those who have lost loved ones

Please pray for us. While we hope/believe our loved ones are in in the Lord’s embrace and are happy for them, it sometimes gets difficult for those left behind. Please pray for our strength to handle things, particularly on those days that we miss them the most, on anniversaries, thru the holidays, birthdays & some days, just because.

Thank you.

Loving God, please comfort each grieving heart in the waves of pain that frequently engulf it.

Sustain it when dark mourning closes out all light of comfort and hope, and when prayer seems no longer possible.

Obtain the gentle understanding and warm companionship of others to nurture the stricken heart and lead it towards hope and new life. Sustain it with faith and bring it to true generosity of spirit even in its sorrow.

Loving God, have pity on that terrible grief, that chasm of loss, the emptiness that stretches before the bereaved as they embrace their dead in their desolate hearts.

Let them find hope in Your Son’s resurrection even when their hearts are still frozen with grief.

Praying very hard.

Praying for your intention …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Loving God, please comfort each grieving heart in the waves of pain that frequently engulf it. Sustain it when dark mourning closes out all light of comfort and hope, and when prayer seems no longer possible.

Obtain the gentle understanding and warm companionship of others to nurture the stricken heart and lead it towards hope and new life. Sustain it with faith and bring it to true generosity of spirit even in its sorrow.

Loving God, have pity on that terrible grief, that chasm of loss, the emptiness that stretches before the bereaved as they embrace their dead in their desolate hearts.
Let them find hope in Your Son’s resurrection even when their hearts are still frozen with grief.

Help them to find satisfying structures and occupations, and enjoyable friendships for their daily lives
and grant them courage and comfort, and the strength to cope as they pass through anniversaries, holidays, birthdays and periods of particular meaning.

Hail, Mary, full of grace! The Lord is with thee;
blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.Amen

Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton, you lost your mother at the age of three, your husband in the prime of your life, and your daughter in the prime of hers. You, more than most, know the sorrow of losing family. But you also, more than most, know the strength to endure that comes from the Lord. Please intercede with Him that He may grant katrntogo and katrntogo’s family the strength they need and the hope of being reunited with their loved ones in the life to come. Amen.

now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Praying hard. My sister Ann is still grieving her husband who passed away more than a year ago.

Thank you all so much for praying!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it as it is in heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive
those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end.
Amen

Loving God, please comfort each grieving heart in the waves of pain that frequently engulf it. Sustain it when dark mourning closes out all light of comfort and hope, and when prayer seems no longer possible.

Help widows and widowers to find satisfying structures and occupations, and enjoyable friendships for their daily lives.
Please grant them courage and comfort, and the strength to cope as they pass through anniversaries, holidays, birthdays and periods of particular meaning.

Thank You, loving God, who in the end, will reunite them with their loved spouse.

now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Loving God, please comfort each grieving heart in the waves of pain that frequently engulf it.

Sustain it when dark mourning closes out all light of comfort and hope, and when prayer seems no longer possible.

Let them find hope in Your Son's resurrection even when their hearts are still frozen with grief.

Help widows and widowers to find satisfying structures and occupations, and enjoyable friendships for their daily lives.

Please grant them courage and comfort, and the strength to cope as they pass through anniversaries, holidays, birthdays and periods of particular meaning.

Thank You, loving God, who in the end, through Your mercy, will reunite them with their loved spouse

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us now, and
Amen

deliver us from evil.
Amen

Amen

Amen

Amen

Amen

Amen

Obtain the gentle understanding and warm companionship of others to nurture the stricken heart and lead it towards hope and new life. Sustain it with faith and bring it to true generosity of spirit even in its sorrow and loneliness.

Let them find hope in Your Son's resurrection even when their hearts are still frozen with grief.

Thank You, loving God, who in the end, will reunite them with their loved spouse.

Prayer in Time of Suffering
Behold me, my beloved Jesus,
weighed down under the burden of my trials and sufferings,
I cast myself at Your feet,
that You may renew my strength and my courage,
while I rest here in Your Presence.
Permit me to lay down my cross in Your Sacred Heart,
for only Your infinite goodness can sustain me;
only Your love can help me bear my cross;
only Your powerful hand can lighten its weight.
O Divine King, Jesus,
whose heart is so compassionate to the afflicted,
I wish to live in You;
suffer and die in You.
During my life be to me my model and my support;
At the hour of my death,
be my hope and my refuge.

Amen.

deliver us from evil.
Amen

Amen

Amen

deliver us from evil.
Amen

Amen

Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.