For You All

what would have happened if Jesus had been born in india?
what would have happened, what would he have said to us?

What if he had been born in china?
what would have happened, what would he have said to us?

do you truly believe that all those who accept you flawed view of Jesus Christ are damned? Have you stopped sinning yet?

Has Jesus’ prayer gone unanswered? “Father forgive them they know not what they do”

are all forgiven?
did Jesus die for all? (this you’ll know)

and what is your point?

Do you mean that we believe that all those that DON’T accept your flawed view of Jesus Christ are damned? I didn’t understand for sure what you are trying to say, but IF that is what you meant…I respond by saying that Catholics do not believe that a person is damned for not practicing our faith. It is not up to us to judge, however the Catholic Church is the church founded by Jesus Christ.

Is that what you were saying?

It is pointless to wonder, because Jesus WASN’T born in those places, nor, considering the fact that he was a Jew descended from the Davidic line, would it be reasonable to expect him to be. You might as well wonder what would have happened if Jesus had been born on Mars, or Kolob.

do you truly believe that all those who accept you flawed view of Jesus Christ are damned? Have you stopped sinning yet?

I’m pretty sure our eternal salvation doesn’t depend on our “view” of Jesus, but, rather, upon his mercy and our repentence. No one in the flesh has stopped sinning. That’s why Jesus is so merciful, because:

Has Jesus’ prayer gone unanswered? “Father forgive them they know not what they do”

His prayer has certainly been answered. Jesus forgives because we do not know what we are doing. We are so clouded by sin, original and actual, that we can’t even approach God without his drawing us to Him by his outpouring of Grace and mercy.

are all forgiven?

Apparently not, judging from the teachings of our Church, which includes Scripture. “Repent and be baptized for the remission of sins.” Without repentence, there can be no forgiveness.

did Jesus die for all? (this you’ll know)

His sacrifice was for all, but not all will avail themselves of his mercy. Each man must make a decision, and then act out that decision through obedience to God’s commands, the most important of which is to love our fellow man.

Here is a poster who has a problem, not with our beliefs, but what he thinks it is we believe!

Study some friend! Ask questions before your pronounce your judgement!

Fair questions. If he were born somewhere else he would have done the same thing. As far as his message. The reason that he was born in Bethlehem and then crucified was because that is what was prophecized. All of the predictions came to pass. Now if the Old Testament had prophecized the birth in China or India, then it would have happened that way. The message would have been the same.

God has a Master Plan though.

Was Bethlehem not obscure/remote enough?
It’s not like he was born in New York.
And yet we still follow this Jewish Carpenter as our Lord.:eek:

If Jesus had been born in China or India, it would’ve been meaningless, for they were not the people chosen by God.

Jesus was born of the people that were suppose to be God’s people. The people who knew and worshiped the one true God, yet, even they failed with God came among them. Imagine what failure would’ve resulted from people who had no clue about the one true God?

With regards to our flawed view of Jesus as you put it, I bet you don’t see yourself as a judgmental person. :rolleyes:

Jim

If He would have been born anywhere else by any other heritage He would not have been the promised Messiah.

He is Who He is. He was promised; we were waiting. Perfect Son of God.

I’m sorry for coming accross judgementally. I had no right to post in this tone, and I apologize.

One poster mentioned that I have problems and this is correct. I have problems with the Christian (not just Catholic) view of those who don’t acknowledge Christ, problems which I cannot work out in my own mind. I also had too much to drink, which is another problem which I have.

Thankyou for replying courteously to me, when I didn’t deserve it.

Gareth.

Hi Gareth… I admire you! Many people do not have the courage or manners it takes to apologize. I am not Catholic either, a lot of this is hard to understand. I think I understand what you meant by your question. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.