Forensic Science Reveals Most 'Real' Face of Jesus Ever

Forensic science just revealed the most realistic face of Jesus ever and it’s far different than the fair-skinned, long-haired and blue-eyed Savior most of the Western world has grown accustomed to.

According to Esquire, British scientists, assisted by Israeli archeologists, have re-created what they believe is the most accurate image of the face of Jesus in human history. And they have managed to do this as a result of forensic anthropology, which uses methods similar to those police have developed to solve crimes.

Richard Neave, a medical artist retired from The University of Manchester in England, is behind the project and he uses cultural references for the Bible to pin down certain specifics about how Jesus would have looked.

“Matthew’s description of the events in Gethsemane offers an obvious clue to the face of Jesus. It is clear that his features were typical of Galilean Semites of his era. And so the first step for Neave and his research team was to acquire skulls from near Jerusalem, the region where Jesus lived and preached. Semite skulls of this type had previously been found by Israeli archeology experts, who shared them with Neave,” said the report.

Read more at: christianpost.com/news/forensic-science-reveals-most-real-face-of-jesus-ever-152490/#ALjAe12q1KvbYi4U.99

Interesting to read that this maybe the actual face of Christ, perhaps?

About every three months or so someone comes up with an artist’s rendering of “what Jesus really looked like” based on this or that.

People in the Levant in Jesus’ time were a very mixed sort, with Semites, Hamites, and Indo-Europeans all mixed together. Still are. Ever look at a picture of a crowd of Syrians? As may head shapes and colors as one would want to choose from.

Nobody knows what Jesus really looked like.

Now I’ve seen it all: This rendering reminds me of a cave man. Neanderthal Jesus.

first

Looks more like Peter. :smiley:

Still looks like a man I would like to meet! So will this prove the Shroud of Turin is a forgery?

Solve one mystery, create a couple of more!

Ahhh Pseudo-Science at it best!

Forensic Science, Forensic methods, Forensic anthropology what a nice collection of “scientific” sounding words.

Let me see… Did they have the CRANIUM of JESUS to evaluate? So that they could do a reconstruction of HIS head?
Did they obtain a DNA sample so that they could tell the colour of HIS hair and HIS eyes?

Perhaps they obtained a sample of HIS hair so they did not need to guess at least the colour of it.
I do not think so!

Has any one gleaned the colour of Jesus’s skin by reading the Gospels?

The words of St Paul resound in my ears when I read these “types” of “news”

“Knowledge puffs up, but charity builds up.” Indeed puffed up they are.

No it doesn’t, it looks more like James…:smiley:

Actually, Cheech Marin…

Agree.

In my view, St. Faustina and a number of others do know what Christ looked like.

This story, and the sketch, are several years old.

I believe that image has previously made the rounds a number of times. I watched some TV show once too, that went back to some area around Israel that was largely untouched by modern migration since that time and they were opining the ones who had a long bloodline there may give us an idea of what the “earthly” Christ looked like.

I say earthly, because I think it is the same with Mary, Jesus or Mary can basically appear to the people they do in their own skin-color as with the apparitions in Rwanda.

:sweat_smile: Good one!

Nah , more like John :smiley:

Given the supposed incompatibility between faith and science, posited by some in the scientific community …

… I was bracing myself for something like …

OR

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgVGAODevaZm4z_hiUfhqem9aNk1wYvQIJy9YOEx1_UpXbQVFaex3InQ:www.collectmad.com/englishcoversite/madb077.jpg

with an aim to somehow discredit Jesus due to a prejudicial portrait.

Really though the “most real face of Jesus” is when one of His children channels His Spirit to others in love, self-sacrifice, comforting, heroism, peacemaking, humility or another Godly virtue.

EVEN should that person does look a bit like Alfred E. Neuman!

Isaiah 53:1 Who would believe what we have heard? To whom has the arm of the LORD been revealed?

2 He grew up like a sapling before him, like a shoot from the parched earth; There was in him no stately bearing to make us look at him, nor appearance that would attract us to him.

3 He was spurned and avoided by men, a man of suffering, accustomed to infirmity, One of those from whom men hide their faces, spurned, and we held him in no esteem.

It’s got nothing to do with the Shroud of Turin since we don’t know if the image is credible. The debate over the authenticity of the Shroud and Jesus’ appearance both rage on.:confused:

I, personally, believe Jesus, being a Near Eastern person, had dark hair and eyes and probably had an olive complexion. Being a pious Jew, though, I do think he had longish hair despite what St. Paul has written.

It would be nice to know what he looked like when he walked the earth, but developing a personal relationship with him is more important. We’ll all know what he looks like in due course.

This is ridiculous. It’s not based on anything from Jesus.

Yes, a person from the Middle East, in the time of Jesus may have looked like that. But to say this is what Jesus looks like is silly.

You can’t reconstruct a person’s face without their bones. Jesus has not remains on earth, so they can’t reconstruct him.

Besides: kind of looks like St. Peter anyway.

God Bless

Personally, I don’t believe he looked like that at all, I believe the Shroud of Turin is the real deal and that the most accurate image of what Jesus would have actually looked like will come from it.

Such as this one created from the Shroud of Turin - independent.co.uk/news/people/italian-police-reveal-what-jesus-looked-like-as-a-young-boy-10223989.html (Mainly the top row especially)

I hope this has helped

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh

+1.

And even more so then. Israel was the crossing point for three continents and there were then no borders in the way. They saw all possible DNA.

There’s nothing new about this picture. IMS, it appeared in Popular Science about four years ago.

ICXC NIKA

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.