Forgiveness

Please pray for me to help me forgive someone very close to me. I truly feel betrayed.

God bless,
Ut

I’m relating to that in a big way.

I’ll say a rosary for you, UT. God bless you! :gopray:

The hardest penance I ever received was related to forgiveness. I, too, had been wounded, and was having such a hard time forgiving that it was destroying me. The priest assigned me to pray a Divine Mercy Chaplet, but there was a catch. On each of the beads where a person would ordinarily pray “For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and o the whole world”, I was to say “have mercy on (insert the name of one person who had wounded me) and (insert my own name) and on the whole world.” This was one of the hardest, most humbling experiences of my life. Naming both myself and my wounder on the same bead served a two-fold purpose: first, it put us on the same level as God’s children… Second, it made me ask for mercy on those individuals in the same proportion as I was asking for it for myself. While it was one of the most difficult experiences of my life, it was also one of the most liberating. I still do it occasionally to keep myself in line. Best wishes. And you can be sure I’ll be praying for you…

Praying for you to forgive and find peace.

Thank you all for your prayers. I think they were affective. Things are much better today.

And thank you for the advice about the divine mercy chaplet. I say it every day, so maybe I’ll give it a try. :slight_smile:

God bless,
Ut

Our Father
Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
On Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day,
Our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive thows who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Father, please help this person to find forgiveness in their heart. Much in the same way I was forgiven. Please ease their mind and strengthen their love. Amen

continuing prayers…

Praying!

Thank you all for your prayers. Things are much better now, and I believe that is a direct result of your prayers for me.

God bless you all,
Ut

Praying for you…Thank you to marthagreys for sharing about Divine Mercy Chaplet with the inserting the name of the person who has offended us and ourselves.

Praying for you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.