Forgiveness

I’ve committed a couple sins that are borderline between mortal and venial and I feel they’ve put a slight barrier between me and God. So I was wondering if there are any ways or suggestions to break down this barrier before the next time I make it to Confession?

Confess it to the Lord in prayer and then go to Confession. I do believe that often the devil will try and harass us and try to make us feel distant…so distant and bad that we shouldn’t even bother confessing…etc. Anyhow, that is from “the pit” and you just need to pray and go as soon as you can to confession.

Blessings to you,
mlz

How far away is your next confession? If you think you’re in the state of mortal sin, get to a priest ASAP. You never know when it’s your time to go.

I have good news for you my friend…Jesus went to the cross so there would no longer be a barrier between you and God! Yay! You are reconciled through the grace of God and there is nothing you can do to earn it. It’s by grace that your soul is saved so rejoyce!

Hallejuah most high praise to for the most high God!

Sigh
This is truly not the case. Mortal sins separate us from God. If you die in the state of mortal sin you go to Hell. I pray for those who don’t believe this.

Ephisians 2:3-9
Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath. 4 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, 5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. 6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

So this is a false teaching? We are not saved by grace? We are saved by works? Oh okay I thought my Bible said differently. Please enlighten me. Where does it say in the Bible you must go to confession to receive forgiveness from God snd that it comes not from the cross but from your works and the Priest…

Even Catholics know it’s grace you are saved by. or we would have no chance at salvation through our works

atone, repent, convert, change the manner of living that embraces these habits, make reparation if necessary, pray, and do acts of penance, and get to confession at the earliest opportunity and return to the sacraments. Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is highly beneficial until you can again receive communion. nb. none of these “earn” forgiveness, it has already been granted through the merits of Christ alone and his free gift of grace. These acts are your response to that grace, and acceptance of that forgiveness, which you have not really done until you confess and are absolved in the manner he prescribed on the night he rose from the dead.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.