Forgot to do this penance after confession

After confession, the priest told me to do this penance: pray 1 Our Father, 3 Hail Mary, and 1 Glory Be, and lastly the Act of Contrition. I did all except the Act of Contrition because I don’t memorize the prayer (I did not refuse to pray it of course.

I remember yesterday I prayed the act of contrition because I saw it behind the book I was exploring but then I didn’t pray it because I remember that was the penance I left behind. But the question, even if I prayed it without thinking it was my penance still fulfilled my penance?

1 Like

Why not do it right now! Penance complete, no need to worry then.

1 Like

Act of Contrition
Basic Group -

O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended You, and I detest all my sins because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell,
but most of all because they offend you, my God, who are all good and deserving of all my love.
I firmly resolve, with the help of your grace, to confess my sins, to do penance and to amend my life
Amen.

Salutations
I was given a penance to be active in PROLIFE activities. My time couldn’t allow it, I confessed that in my next confession. I got another confession I could perform. Say what prayer you missed anytime you find it. Say your penance prayers again. It’s not going to hurt you.
In Christs love
Tweedlealice

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.