Forgotten Mortal Sins

When a person remembers a forgotten mortal sin, is that person obliged to confess it imediately, or can it wait a couple of weeks when the person would normally return to confession?

When a person remembers a forgotten mortal sin, is that person no longer in a state of grace, and therefore unworthy to receive communion?

Are not all of a person’s sins forgiven when he makes a confession to the best of his knowledge?

Thank you for your help.

If you have been to confession since the event in which you sinned mortally, you would be forgiven, but you would have an obligation (not under the pain of sin) to confess the sin that you committed the next time you went to confession.

When a person remembers a forgotten mortal sin, is that person no longer in a state of grace, and therefore unworthy to receive communion?

Again, it depends on whether or not you have been to confession in the meanwhile. If you have been to confession, but forgot to confess it, but then remembered it later, you would still be forgiven and allowed to receive communion. If you haven’t been to confession, you should not receive communion.

As long as in confession you confess ALL mortal sins that are known of, then it was a valid confession and you do not need to confess the remembered mortal sin, HOWEVER, i personally feel GUILTY not reconfessing them after being remembered, and with regard to venial sins, if i commit a venial sin but feel bad about it then i confess, if not i dont.

closed #4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.