Former Femen activist Sara Fernanda Giromin backflips, declaring war on feminism

Former Femen activist Sara Fernanda Giromin backflips, declaring war on feminism

SHE was the pioneer of modern-day girl power, responsible for countless topless protests to highlight women’s rights.

But now, Sara Fernanda Giromin has backflipped, declaring war on the ideals she once so proudly bared her breasts for, describing the feminist movement as “a completely toxic environment, filled with gossip, intrigue, humiliation and persecution”.

Introducing herself to the world in 2012 under the alias Sara Winter, Ms Giromin was the founding face of Femen Brazil, a subsidiary of the Femen movement.

perthnow.com.au/lifestyle/former-femen-activist-sara-fernanda-giromin-backflips-declaring-war-on-feminism/news-story/2189d285757113b38da162c8ecf1b26d

So, I looked for a “mainstream source” to back up Lifesite news and I think the above may be one. It should be in the mainstream more, details are a bit easier to pick up per the following:

**Ultra-feminist founder of Femen Brazil declares herself pro-life, apologizes to Christians **

December 28, 2015 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Sara Fernanda Giromin first made herself known to Brazil and to the world under the alias “Sara Winter” in 2012, when she became the founding member of Femen Brazil, and led a trio of girls in a number of topless protests that garnered much media attention. However, only three years later, the young activist has done an about-face and has declared war on feminism and abortion, and is apologizing to Christians for her offensive behavior. She has also published a short book detailing the abuse and disappointment she suffered at the hands of fellow feminists.

lifesitenews.com/news/ultra-feminist-founder-of-femen-brazil-declares-herself-pro-life-apologizes

Glad to hear it and happy to have her. ^^

Welcome to the Pro-Life movement Ms. Giromin.

It’s good to know that she has changed her views. I have to wonder if she is converting to Catholicism though. From the article that I read on LifeSite, I think, it does seem that she has some Catholic views.

It is true because her FB page is updated daily with her denouncing feminism and everything is stands for. I don’t understand Portuguese but the pictures are quite clear about their message.

this is a positive story.

Might moving from being flamboyantly one thing to being the flamboyantly opposite suggest that she’s really a radical flamboyantist?

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.