Former President Carter spoke at ISNA convention

Former President of the United States Jimmy Carter made headlines this past weekend where he spoke at the annual convention for the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) on Saturday.

Read more at breakingisraelnews.com/20985/jimmy-carter-principles-allah-key-peace/#J9Fm12c4RZAUTREk.99

Former President of the United States Jimmy Carter made headlines this past weekend where he spoke at the annual convention for the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA) on Saturday.

Carter, who has called in the past for mercy on terrorist extremists and their organizations, said that the “principles of Allah” are the key to peace in the Middle East.

During his speech, Carter called on the international community to bring “justice of the Palestinians.”

There are many online sources for this information.

There are different takes on Carter’s participation at the fund raising convention.

This doesn’t surprise me.

I believe a female bishop of one of the branches of a Lutheran church also spoke.

They both were probably saying how terrible Israel was in their war with HAMAS.

There are certain former politicians no longer in office who would do better to keep quiet instead of expressing their political views. Cheney is one of them and Carter is another. In this respect, GWB is wise enough to remain silent.

I think GWB’s father has been similar. Clinton used to stay out of the fray…until his wife’s name started getting mentioned for the presidency.

Carter takes the cake though.

Let’s also assert that these Presidents once out can not be blamed for things or discussed as well. Oh, wait.

Jimmy Carter seemingly has a disordered affection for ruling by force. Carter’s observation of Hugo Chavez’ election where voters cast their ballots at gunpoint disturbed him not one whit, and he declared it fair. Is this new? No. FEMA/Federal Emergency Management was reconstituted by Carter under Samuel P. Huntington, notorious for slavering over the possibility of a national disaster bringing the need for dictatorial control over the Land of the Free. Please consider Carter’s cutting off of wheat to Russia, starving the people, for the Russian government’s invasion of Afghanistan. Carter isn’t a peace activist, he’s a force activist, and he uses the bully pulpit of the ex-presidency to promote the bully. This isn’t the Party of Lincoln that spawned Carter, it’s the social engineering, social controlling carpetbaggers who still want the South to rise again. This is the wimp-bully syndrome.

Justice for Palestinians has to start with their own leaders not oppressing and endangering them.

Just for starters, they should stop using their own people as human shields for rocket attacks on Israeli civilians, and return the money stolen from them by Yasser Arafat and his associates.

I suspect Mr Carter would get no invitations to speak to these groups if that was his message.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.