Former Republican Presidential Candidate John McCain: Leave Abortion Alone

christiannews.net/2012/11/25/former-republican-presidential-candidate-john-mccain-leave-abortion-alone/

Last paragraph of the story:

“John McCain openly embraces embryonic stem cell research. In 2000, he boldly said he did not favor the overturn of Roe v. Wade. John McCain was a member of the infamous ‘Gang of 14′ senators from both parties whose purpose was to oppose pro-life, strict constructionist judges,” wrote Constitution Party candidate Chuck Baldwin during the 2008 presidential election. “Still today, John McCain believes that babies who are conceived via rape or incest should be murdered. I remind readers, however, that there are no ‘exceptions’ in the womb, only babies.”

christiannews.net/2012/11/25/former-republican-presidential-candidate-john-mccain-leave-abortion-alone/

For the record, Ron Paul endorsed Chuck Baldwin in '08.

Chuck Baldwin, Ron Paul, Pat Buchanan, etc.: this is the direction the Republican Party should have taken. Alas, they followed neoconservative moderates and now there is no more Republican Party.

30 Governorships and 23 States controlling the House, Senate and Governorship. I guess we should hear what you say and assume the opposite is true!

http://www.sba-list.org/sites/default/files/content/shared/07.09.12_updated_sba-scoreboard_fullsize_v6.jpg

This image shows Republican Congresses or Governors (Walker, Perry for starters) defunding in the overwhelming cases, the nation's largest abortion provider Planned Parenthood.

I guess Hans Trappist thinks, babies shouldn't be spared unless the ideology is perfectly lockstep with his, such thoughts really are for the pro-abortion movement. It's a battle out there but some have never been in that battle and just criticize others.

Oh imagine if these kinds of posters were truly critical of those who make abortion on demand, partial birth abortion, expansion of abortion rights a part of their agenda.

Let's hope anyone who attests to be against terrorism, feels that way about the unborn in the womb of a woman as well! Ah-Hem!

No… One should never compromise with evil…
To attempt to placate has been the ruination of the Republican Party. Far too often past Republican Presidents have tried to appease the opposition in terms of budgets and Morals…

Now just look at what we have* today…:eek:*

The moral conservatives* must* remain strong. They must function as a ‘conscience’ so to speak, for the nation.

It has *definitely *been shown that the Democrats, as evidenced by their Party Planks and their elected officials, certainly do not…

173 planned parenthood clinics shut down in the past 20 years, those who want to vote for abortion should but they shouldn’t accuse and indeed insult others that nothing has been done since they refuse to acknowlege information and indeed are complicit with the abortion agenda.

lifenews.com/2012/11/19/planned-parenthood-has-closed-173-clinics-in-last-20-years/

There’s a reason even Republicans wouldn’t vote for him.

McCain says he is pro life but how is that possible with a statement made like that?

The future of the republican party is authentic conservatism established by people such as Marco Rubio, Susana Martinez, Scott Walker, Bobby Jindal, Brian Sandoval, Mia Love, Paul Ryan, Rand Paul etc who are fiscally and social conservative. Enough of the moderate, country club establishment

Moderate yes, but he, McCain, was a Prisoner of War who spent years in the jails of North Vietnam.

He is one person whom I think is too lax on the issues but still better than the alternative. And he picked Palin, missing from your list, maybe she is the class of 2008 but was instrumental in the Tea Party movement nonetheless.

I respect his military service but his views are abortion are out of touch. Respecting human life from conception is more important than any other political issue and he should recognise that one of he reasons the economy is such a mess is because millions of people who could of been taxpayers have been killed off and are now not here to pay into the system

I would hope pro-lifers would vote for a candidate endorsed or supported by major pro-life organizations.

lifenews.com/2012/09/26/leaders-urge-romney-to-push-pro-life-gop-platform-positions/

Just not sure if he is in the “Country Club” mode, he marches to his own drum. And that was probably part of the problem. He is too compromising.

To bad he had no concern for those that didn’t make it out.

Do you believe in the myth that there are still POWs in Vietnam, Sam?

[quote="colmywaykurtz, post:15, topic:306300"]
Do you believe in the myth that there are still POWs in Vietnam, Sam?

[/quote]

Not any more. I'm sure the last ones were released from their bonds shortly before the US "normalized" relations with Vietnam in 1994.

I voted for them too but personally, I’m more concerned about what my local pro-life organization is doing about helping pregnant women in distress. Politics on the national level in this matter has proven to be not only ineffective but counterproductive and wasteful.

WOW, and to think how so many in this forum were told not to receive Holy Communion because they would committing mortal sin if they voted for Obama over McCain, because McCain was pro-life. :rolleyes:

Jim

[quote="JimR-OCDS, post:18, topic:306300"]
WOW, and to think how so many in this forum were told not to receive Holy Communion because they would committing mortal sin if they voted for Obama over McCain, because McCain was pro-life. :rolleyes:

Jim

[/quote]

Compared to Obama, almost everyone and their dog are pro-life! :rolleyes:

More likely that McCain was more pro-life than Obama. Which isn’t saying much because even Sen. Clinton was more pro life than Obama. 5 years ago a good friend of mine said that Obama was more pro abortion than Clinton and I said that wasn’t possible but apparently he was/is.

The only thing McCain did that was right was choose Sarah Palin as VP.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.