Fossil fooled

sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/straighttalk/archives/2014/11/20141102-073038.html

The U.S. has been able to do this while Obama — cheered on by hypocritical environmentalists, know-nothing celebrities and gullible Canadian opposition parties — tut-tuts about our oil sands, an insignificant contributor to greenhouse gas emissions compared to U.S. coal production alone, let alone oil and natural gas.

Under Obama, the U.S. is now the world’s largest producer of oil and natural gas combined and of oil and natural gas liquids combined.

It surpassed Saudi Arabia as the largest producer of oil and liquified natural gas this year.

It surpassed Russia as the largest producer of natural gas in 2010.

Already the “Saudi Arabia of coal” — as Obama himself has described America — U.S. coal exports are at record levels.

While Obama’s critics say the U.S. fossil fuel boom has occurred in spite of him rather than because of him, he’s happy to take credit for it.

As Obama boasted in a 2012 speech at the Cushing Pipe Yard in Cushing, Oklahoma:

“Under my administration, America is producing more oil today that at any time in the last eight years … Over the last three years, I’ve directed my administration to open up millions of acres for gas and oil exploration across 23 different states.

Is this true?

He’s been pretty bad on the environment, yes.

EDIT: Bad if you care about the environment, that is.

Gas prices are falling because of the tons of oil we are now producing.

commentary

If its true,it isn’t because of Obama’s policies. It probably has to do with tracking.

Yes it is related to fracking.

If Obama has his way, you will pay $10 a gallon for gas.

I think that is wonderful! But a lot of my texas neighbors who work in the oil business (ahl bidness) think it is terrible as they drive their gas hungry mega-trucks and SUVs.

US oil production is only a small part of the total picture.

Demand is down as China, Europe, Russia, much of South America, and the Middle East economies are shrinking.

World wide production is UP. Iran is no longer sanctioned and able to export oil. The repairs from all the Middle East unrest (Arab Spring) is fixed and those countries all need the income to stabilize their economies. ISIS has even exported more Oil to fund it’s expansion.

Sure Obama can take lots of credit for putting the world in such a sorry political/economic position. Through China may be the biggest factor in all this and he’s had no hand in that. Lifting his own Gulf oil moratoriums is about all the credit he can take domestically.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.